profile image
flyingguy1
Wizz - LGW
profile image
claudia_casini
Wizz done a massive redundancy in April 2020 due to the covid and they fired 1000 cabin crew.
I was in Uk base and I have been made redundant without a significant reason. They told me I could reapply and of course I would have been prioritized but it doesn’t seems to be like that. I sent my candidacy more than one month ago and I didn’t receive any email back or explanation. I have the airbus certificate and I worked with them 1 year, I have 3 years of experience in aviation and it really makes me sick to see they are hiring with a video interview without even calling back who lost the job in such a miserable way.
I thought it was a great company but I don’t know what to expect from who is firing 1000 people and in the meantime opening new bases and routes.
Just a shame.
profile image
riley2002
Two of my friends applied for DSA in February and got interviews for next week. Anyone else heard anything?
profile image
flyingguy1
I had my interview back in February and was successful. There’s lots of us in a holding pool currently- no idea on start dates :/
profile image
riley2002
Anyone have any ideas about money and commission?
profile image
riley2002
Anybody have ANY info on pay?
profile image
riley2002
So, I want to the catch-up interview day at the beginning of last week. They did a little slide show of the airline. I will warn you, it really painted an extremely negative image of the company, and pretty much made me turn down a training slot for the 12th July.

You aren't hired by Wizz but a third party HR company called Aero Solutions or something. The contract is for 6 months, may be extended for three months after if business is there, and then you will be hired by Wizz or let go completely.

The pay is a little shocking but still better than Ryanair. The basic is something between £500 and £750 depending on area and experience. They showed us what the pay would be everything included, and up to a busy 24 sector roster (flying 12 days a month up to 90 hours, which they said won't happen till restrictions are lifted) and it was shaky. The pay including basic salary, sector pay, commission etc.. for the crew without experience is 1015 a month and 950 for DSA/CWL. With experience, it was something like 1150 and 1050 DSA/CWL. It would be more than a £700 a month paycut if I left my current job for it.

The training is a WHOLE other story. When you're training you are not paid. Courses are two weeks for conversations and 5 weeks for new entrants. If you are training away from base (the offer I got was a course in Luton) you must pay for your own transport and accommodation, which most other airlines would never do. The final exam and door training are in Budapest but they did say Wizz would cover this.

When reeling off a list of good points about the company, the first they said is crew food. That was a red flag. Now, an employer saying it will feed you when you're trapped at 35,000 is very expected. Like, it was a weak starting point.

Anyway, a contract with some HR company, poor pay, and this drama with training meant I turned down an application. I know people are desperate to get back in the industry, but please think hard if this is right for you.
profile image
flyingguy1
I had my assessment day yesterday. I think if you want to get back into the industry this year then great, but not ideal for long term. How long after the day did they get back to you to offer you a start date?
profile image
flyingguy1
Just had an email to say I’ve been successful at the catch up interview and am back in the holding pool - they did mention 12th July on my AD but seems like I’m in the holding pool for now. Hopefully not long to wait! X

Other discussions going on within Interviews

How long after did you receive...
1  3.79k 1 year ago
1 3.79k 1 year ago by Aman AlMethalya
Cabin crew How to apply
0  71 -
0 71 -
Norwegian Dublin base
18  4.5k 4 months ago
18 4.5k 4 months ago by Rachid Anssari
Wizz air video interview
6  7.54k 3 years ago
6 7.54k 3 years ago by apopa4
Interview cracking tips
2  3.89k 1 year ago
2 3.89k 1 year ago by Ibtesam Abdullah

Other topics for Cabin Crew

Current Cabin Crew Jobs For all announcements relating to cabin crew jobs
126  958.89k 2 months ago
126 958.89k 2 months ago by Emad Omda
Experienced Cabin Crew For the Veterans!
57  183.4k 7 months ago
57 183.4k 7 months ago by annaliona
Wannabe Cabin Crew For those just starting out!
113  543.28k 1 year ago
113 543.28k 1 year ago by Sarah McMillan
Emirates Cabin Crew Apply 2022 Still waiting for the first interview and been wee...
11  7.12k 1 year ago
11 7.12k 1 year ago by RA26
Postpone Emirates DOJ Will Emirates accept to postpone my DOJ ? by how m...
1  625 -
1 625 -