profile image
k3143r
The Security Watchdog Advice
profile image
k3143r
"The Security Watchdog ADVICE"

I struggled with The Security Watchdog and wanted to offer advice to anyone else experiencing delays with their reference screening.

1. Phone "regularly"- twice in the morning, twice in the afternoon. If you go to voicemail, don't give up, try again 30 minutes later.
2. When you get through, ask to speak to the person handling your file. ALWAYS insist that they give you their personal email address and personal office phone number so you are able to reach them directly.
3. Check with your referees whether they have been contacted. Often SW sends letters "by post" that mysteriously never arrive, so insist that they email your referees.
4. Check in with them daily, insist on being given timelines and call backs to monitor the screening progress.

If you would like the phone number/email address for the BA screening team leader (useful if your screener isn't responding to you or is taking an unreasonable amount of time) send me a private message and I will pass it on to you.

Good luck!
profile image
user16937
Please also feel free to PM me for additional advice - happy to send a template for complaint I had made.

British Airways then waited over a month for Security Watchdog to send my incomplete file to them but, since then, everything went smoothly.

Referencing that Security Watchdog could not do in six months was done by BA within days.
profile image
dawn caple
Hey
Thanks for your advice. I have one gap. 6th July 2013 -22nd September 2013 I was waiting to start university.
I was living with my dad and not claiming and benefits. I also was not registered with a doctors as I never use them .
Would they expect a personal reference for this period? Any advice ...

Thanks in advance
profile image
AB1
Any airline will require a personal reference if you have a gap of 14-28 days. Personal Ref's have restrictions on who can do it, from memory I think they need to be a professional that doesn't live at the same address as you or related to you?
profile image
dawn caple
Hey
Thanks for info!!
Another question, how do I go about proving a self employment period. Do I send my tax returns for that period ?
Thanks
X
profile image
abbimcnicholas1
I have received my 5 year HMRC employment records and have emailed copies to Security Watchdog. I have also been asked to send them by post but do not have the address. Do you have the address please?
Thank you
profile image
anch
Security Watchdog
Cross and Pillory House
Cross and Pillory Lane
Alton, Hampshire
GU34 1HL
United Kingdom
profile image
BH14
Hello,

I'm having a struggle with my referencing process - It seems to be taking forever!

I have a question about stage 2 - What happens at stage 2 and does it take as long? Also, is there anything I need to personally do for stage 2 (documents etc?)

Would really appreciate some guidance with this!

xx
profile image
k3143r
Hi BH14,

I can see your referencing has taken a long time- I would really encourage you to get in touch with SW and ask them what is going on.

Stage 2 is just getting your current employer reference. Mine was for university, so I made sure they were aware of the reference request and paid the referencing fee (scandalous, I know!). I did this in advance, because I knew it would take some time.

I also contacted SW to make sure they were ready to do my Stage 2 and checked with them throughout the process.

During Stage 2, you will have your medical, US visa appointment and uniform fitting. You usually have a month between your Stage 2 invitation and your start date, so it's important to make sure your reference is ready to respond.

I have been pushed back as I am waiting for a letter from my GP to say that I am fit to fly. If there are any conditions you have that may cause concern (current health conditions or recent ones), it is worth getting a letter from your GP to say that you are healthy and stable. I'm having to wait 4 weeks (and pay £70 - scandalous) for a GP report.

Hope this helps!
profile image
amydxb
Hi I hope someone can help
I went to assessment in October 2016 and was offered a position
I had a nightmare with security watchdog they told me they would do my overseas criminal record check for Dubai and I found out months in they hadn't so I began the process. It took 4 months to get it back from Dubai and I've spent £300 to do it. They have my previous work references the final part now is my current work reference
BA sent me 3 start dates all were pushed back as I hadn't got my Dubai crim back. Now I have had the crim record check for 3months they are still not confirming my start date they told me they have to get my current work reference before they will confirm the date. I was verbally told it will probably be 18/10/17 by security watchdog but BA don't seem to have a clue what is going on when I ring.
I am in a difficult situation as my work know I'm leaving as have done the ref but I can't resign as I don't have confirmation of my date and I must give 4 weeks notice.
I have emailed BA an 'urgent' email twice, I ring the resourcing team every day and speak to someone new who say the security watchdog co ordinator isn't in and they will speak to various departments And no one calls me back. I am at my wits end and have Been in tears 4 times the last few weeks I can't seem to get anywhere with BA or security watchdog can anybody help me? X

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.93k 8 months ago
69 113.93k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.31k -
0 1.31k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.62k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.62k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.78k 8 months ago
266 594.78k 8 months ago by KL17
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.23k 1 year ago
93 408.23k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.33k 11 months ago
39 427.33k 11 months ago by Aaron
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.1k 1 year ago
162 634.1k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle