profile image
Bannersb22
Tattoos
profile image
luke.shotter1987
hello everyone

im new to all this cabin crew stuff and just wanted to be sure on a few things.
one of which is my main concern is TATOOS and yes i have read all of the posts about them but what i have noticed is that most if not all are posts from the girls with tattoos on hands wrists and feet so thses may be visable.this makes me question if these tattoos were declared in the application in first place and if not would this be the reson why they were sent home?? obviously being a male the uniform is different and covers all of the body and just wondered if there are any guys currently BA MF that could help me out?? now i have a large tattoo on my arm and sholder and just wanted to make sure if this would be ok or not??
i have tried on many white long sleeve shirts and it is completely covered with out the help of makeup or plasters (would have to be one BIG plaster) lol
As all you newbies may feel the same working for BA means so much to me therefore i wanted to be 100% honest in my application as being dishonest will at so point come back and bite you later down the line and thats something im not going risk so i declared all my tattoos and piercings.
To my shock and suprise i was invited to a AD sometime in the new year after being cancelled last month for this month so i just assumed my tattoos would be ok as recruitment know.
SO the question for you MF guys or anyone who knows 1.would my tattoos be a problem 2, do men get the option of a long sleeve shirt?

i hope someone could take the time to read and help me out because i would put my mind to rest, thank you
profile image
BAMF2013
Originally posted by @luke.shotter1987
hello everyone

one of which is my main concern is TATOOS and yes i have read all of the posts about them but what i have noticed is that most if not all are posts from the girls with tattoos on hands wrists and feet so thses may be visable.this makes me question if these tattoos were declared in the application in first place and if not would this be the reson why they were sent home?? obviously being a male the uniform is different and covers all of the body and just wondered if there are any guys currently BA MF that could help me out?? now i have a large tattoo on my arm and sholder and just wanted to make sure if this would be ok or not??
i have tried on many white long sleeve shirts and it is completely covered with out the help of makeup or plasters (would have to be one BIG plaster) lol
As all you newbies may feel the same working for BA means so much to me therefore i wanted to be 100% honest in my application as being dishonest will at so point come back and bite you later down the line and thats something im not going risk so i declared all my tattoos and piercings.
To my shock and suprise i was invited to a AD sometime in the new year after being cancelled last month for this month so i just assumed my tattoos would be ok as recruitment know.
SO the question for you MF guys or anyone who knows 1.would my tattoos be a problem 2, do men get the option of a long sleeve shirt?

i hope someone could take the time to read and help me out because i would put my mind to rest, thank you

Morning Luke, I am in the holding pool awaiting a start date, i have a very small and now faint tattoo on my wrist i am a 22 year old male. my tattoo can be completley covred with a mens watch, if your tattoo is visible in a short sleve shirt that it would be a no as im sure that BA MF Men dont just wear only long sleve.

Patrick
profile image
luke.shotter1987
Hi Patrick thanks for the reply. My tattoo will indeed be seen with a short sleeve shirt. I did some research and apparently BA MF men get the choice of short or long sleeves shirts as ur aloud 4. So I'm assuming all 4 of mine would be long sleeves. I did the visibility test and u can't see it through a long sleeve shirt.
When was ur AD? I'm still waiting for a date. Luke
profile image
BAMF2013
Hi Patrick thanks for the reply. My tattoo will indeed be seen with a short sleeve shirt. I did some research and apparently BA MF men get the choice of short or long sleeves shirts as ur aloud 4. So I'm assuming all 4 of mine would be long sleeves. I did the visibility test and u can't see it through a long sleeve shirt.
When was ur AD? I'm still waiting for a date. Luke

Oh so you have already had your AD and they have seen you in the shirt? my AD Was April 2012!!! but i have had some issues with my tat witch have now been all cleared so im on the next training course awaiting a start date any time in the next couple of months. if you have been successfull they carnt really say anything i would just ring up and check, the last thing you wanna do is pack up and move and to be told its not acceptable..

hope all goes well and keep in contact

Patrick
profile image
Little minx
hello everyone

Best thing is to ask.
I have seen a M/F crew member with his back completely covered with a tattoo but that is covered by long and short sleeved shirts. I think you can wear long or short, so it would probably be OK but maybe give them a call.
profile image
luke.shotter1987
Well if I'm honest I think I'd be ok. Was in a shop today again trying on about 4 different types of white shirt lol but you can't see it.
Iv just not seen any guys on here having issues with tattoos only the girls.
Hey Patrick no iv not yet had my AD it was ment to be on the 22nd August but got cancelled due to too many staff. Thanks anyway for both of your help will keep researching. But keep me posted if find find anything else out
profile image
user16937
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and haven't even applied for cabin crew position yet. Just want to have as much info as possible before I send my application. I have cosmetic tattoo to enhance my eyebrow. I had a it a few years ago and it faded a lot but still can be seen especially if someone scrutinising my face. Would this be a problem if I want to apply for cabin crew job?

Thanks for the answers.

Anetta
profile image
Flybaby1977
I have my AD on the 16th of Jan.

I have a very faded, very small tattoo on my shoulder blade. It can be covered by a bra strap and you definitely can't see it through a shirt. Do you think I should disclose this at the AD or just keep quiet?

Thanks for any advice x
profile image
suara
Being honest is always the best, your tattoo meets the uniform guidelines so there's nothing to be worried about.
profile image
Flybaby1977
Thanks so much for your advice. I will mention it. x

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.94k 8 months ago
69 113.94k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.38k -
0 1.38k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.65k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.65k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.76k 11 months ago
64 248.76k 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.3k 1 year ago
162 634.3k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.43k 1 year ago
93 408.43k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.49k 1 year ago
39 427.49k 1 year ago by Aaron