profile image
Bannersb22
Tattoos
profile image
Freespirit81
Thank you hun, yeah its covered in a skirt. I was a corporate receptionist and it wasnt seen in my uniform. xx
profile image
Danulka
Hi,

I got a AD date coming soon, just wondering what do they mean by the picture of uniform standards... my tattoo is a small word on upper back, just below the neck, it is never visible in a uniform but still it is outside the blue area a bit.

travelling 1500kms for that and get send right away would not be the nicest thing...

any advice?
profile image
BAstewardess
Hello everybody

Some truthful advice here:

They are very strict with tattoos as mentioned above. If it is outside the blue area as shown above and this is your dream job, I would recommend that you have it removed before attempting to go for an assessment. Covering it up with make-up or plaster is NOT allowed. Also they don't accept letters from clinics etc stating that you are in the process of having it removed, you either have it removed completely before you go in for an assessment or you will be sent home. "In the process etc" is not acceptable.

If it is outside the blue area and you think it will be hidden by your hair/collar/trousers/long sleeve shirts/pencil skirt etc. and that will be okay, it will not. Lying about it will get you into trouble later and your employment will be terminated immediately. During training you will wear a bathing suit during the swimming exercise, and if you have lied about it at your interview, it will all come clear then if not when you are flying and somebody notices that you have a visible tattoo you may be reported. Also you have to understand that you will still be representing the airline when you are in another country on a lay-over, and you have to adhere to the standards at all time.

This is a premium airline and the customer profile is very different to other airlines charter/low cost. So be genuine at the assessment otherwise the consequences can cost you a lot more than you think.

All the best
profile image
Kirsty134
I have two wrists tattoo's that am prepared to have removed if I got a job. Would I have to wear long sleeve to avoid them seeing them?
profile image
BAstewardess
Hi Kirsty
You will be sent home immediately. I think my post is quite clear. It is not a case of "if I got the job". We do not accept tattoos outside the blue area regardless if you are going to wear long sleeve shirts or not. Have it removed completely before you apply for an assessment please. Otherwise you are wasting your time and money.
profile image
A54Y
Hi BAStewardess,

To be fair to Kirsty, her post was made before yours but was waiting for authorisation.

A54Y.
profile image
MDSLondon
Hi

I have tattoos and said so on my online application. I got an email and a phone call to warn me regarding the fact that if any of them were outside the blue specified areas on the diagram I would be sent home and unable to participate in the AD.
By looking at the diagram, my tattoos are within the borders.

On the AD a couple of people that went in ahead of me got sent home immediately and I was freaking out that maybe I could also be sent home.

When doing the initial reach checks etc, at the end the lady told me my application stated I have tattoos so they needed to see them. I actually had to take off my white shirt and lift my white tshirt and show them.

Luckily they were deemed acceptable and within the borders of the diagram.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone with this post, but I hope this shows how strict BA is when it comes to this subject. So if your tattoos are indeed outside the blue lines consider well before applying in order to avoid disappointment.

Wishing everyone the best of luck x
profile image
Charlotte_x
I so wish I'd never got the tattoo on the back of my neck done :( was young and naive lol. I'd love to apply for BA
profile image
Jaysolo87
Hi Guys,

Have passed my online assessment! whoo! :) & I am currently doing all the research I can to be well prepared for my AD however, I have a tattoo on the side of my neck very low near my right shoulder it is my daughters name which is not visible in any way when I have a shirt on with collar will this be ok? I just worry seeing how reading most comments of how strict BA is with tattoo's if this will be acceptable?

Regards

Jay
profile image
Jaysolo87
That's not true I have a tattoo on my upper shoulder blade & a little bit on my bicep very faint & is not visible through the shirt or below & I got sent home today, because it's a little bit in the "grey area" even when my arms are above my head reaching the overhead locker you can't see it & the recruitment lady told me it's still not acceptable so I said I'm willing to remove it asap she then said that's great to hear you will have to wait 6 months to attended an assessment day & would not have to go through the application process again providing I call the recruitment ASAP & let them know so I did that & was then told no I've got to reapply as normal again just don't understand why I was being lied to in the first place when I was honest, there wasn't any suggestion for wearing a longsleeve shirt either I just got told it's not acceptable tough basically BA just don't like tatoos end of.

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.93k 8 months ago
69 113.93k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.32k -
0 1.32k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.62k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.62k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.79k 8 months ago
266 594.79k 8 months ago by KL17
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.51k 1 year ago
31 372.51k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.68k 2 years ago
27 193.68k 2 years ago by juankax
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.51k 10 months ago
64 248.51k 10 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe