profile image
Bannersb22
Tattoos
profile image
Bannersb22
So today got an automated email through about tattoos and earrings....
Having read through previous posts on here about tattoos BA seemed to be ok with them as long as they're covered by a plaster etc
However, after reading the email I called up and they said plasters etc are defo not allowed and pretty much not to attend the assessment day if you have visible tattoos.
Now I have a difficult decision to make as to whether to get them removed (it seems silly as I may not even get the job) but I really want this!
What I'm getting at is, has anyone else had issues with their tattoos?
profile image
MaddieMoos94
I had my AD today and saw a couple of people get sent home for thier visible tattoos, so they do take them seriously, luckily mine isnt visible!

xo
profile image
hostie26
I had an ad last month but was sent home at the very start cos of my tattoo on my wrist,iv started getting mine removed tho and they let me rebook my ad,im just hoping it will have faded enough by then!im guessing tho if they can see that its being removed and should only take one more session then they'll let me do the ad!
profile image
GTCabinCrew
I've been to the AD on the 17th of Jan and also got the automated msg. I do have a tattoo on my upper arm, and they did examine it to verify it could be covered by a t shirt. I was told they are very strict about them. Depending where yours is...
profile image
Leggibone
I have a star on my wrist, but it's small and my watch covers it, will it be a problem??
profile image
Bannersb22
When I called up I asked about wearing a watch to cover it (mines a small heart) and they said no. So they're being incredibly strict. Worth giving them a call and see what they say to you!
profile image
Airhostess22
My friend has her AD in May and has a tattoo that is 1.5cm on her wrist, she called BA and they said that they can't make a judgement unless they see it. On my assessment day people got sent away so I said i would try and find some help on here for her.... HELP!!! xx
profile image
Leggibone
I'd tell her to get something that can cover it, like her watch and when they ask her about it just show them its covered..... But I am no expert I am just waiting for my email to say whether I've got a n AD or not?
profile image
prism
Originally posted by @Airhostess22
My friend has her AD in May and has a tattoo that is 1.5cm on her wrist, she called BA and they said that they can't make a judgement unless they see it. On my assessment day people got sent away so I said i would try and find some help on here for her.... HELP!!! xx

Personally I would recommend taking a photo of it on your phone and sending it to recruitment who can then make a judgement call.
profile image
louised1989
i got that email too, and whilst i don't have any tattoos, i do have piercings that i am a little bit concerned about - im probably just being silly!

i've got my ears pierced - in 3 places. the first 2 are in my ear lopes. the bottom set i wear all the time, but the top set have closed up at the back but you can still see the scars at the front if you look closely enough.

i also have the cartiledge pierced at the top, but you can't really see the hole at all.

i had my belly button pierced when i was 14, but it got torn out of me so i have a pretty nasty scar on it now - im assuming this won't be a problem as i don't wear anything in it, and uniform would cover it up.

i'm guessing ear piercings are pretty standard things - ive seen plently of BA crew wearing earrings - so like i said i'm probably just being silly!

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.94k 8 months ago
69 113.94k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.38k -
0 1.38k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.65k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.65k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.42k 1 year ago
93 408.42k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.75k 11 months ago
64 248.75k 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.08k 9 months ago
266 595.08k 9 months ago by KL17
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.62k 1 year ago
31 372.62k 1 year ago by Charles Carter