- UK Medical
- Buzz Training in Cracow/Kraków 30 september
- English language - Crewlink-Ryanair

Ryanair Training Beware

Author
  Topic Started By:  Unhappy    On:  Sat 24th July, 2021 at 09:41
Unhappy
#2  Ryanair Training Beware  Posted 24/07/2021 at 09:41
I feel I have to post and share with anyone considering taking the course with Ryanair’s training company crewlink that you should be aware that you will not be treated well. The process is chaotic and the location of training will be given last minute and all the paperwork will be sent through in dribs and drabs even when you have arrived at the hotel for your course, you will be expected to print reams of paperwork to study. I am speaking from experience as my son unfortunately experienced this. They will tell you on day one where your base will be and you have no choice in the matter and they will threaten to report you if you complain in any way. Please do not resign from your current job if you are offered a place on a training course as you are likely to be very disappointed if you are offered a base elsewhere, which will prove costly in comparison to the salary. The whole process is stressful and disorganised and they play on the desperation of young people who’s ambition it is to be cabin crew. Please be aware of this before you you commit.
         Jump to Top
scarfe
#3  Re: Ryanair Training Beware  Posted 26/07/2021 at 17:40
Absolutely agree with you. This also happened to my daughter who half way through her online training then pulled out due to the shambles it became. This was back in February and the remaining students who finished the course did their training flights and now fly on average once a month. Please be careful guys and ask yourselves why are Crewlink still recruiting literally hundreds of trainees each month when no one else is recruiting at all. How can they possibly have enough flights for the graduates to work regularly and be able to pay for the accommodation.
         Jump to Top
Soglex
Spain
#4  Re: Ryanair Training Beware  Posted 28/07/2021 at 11:51
In reply to post #2...
Im sorry I completely disagree with you. It is true that once you pass all the assessments (English exam, CV and passport, and finally the online interview) they offer you a training course taking place in 2 days for example, BUT you can refuse that offer and wait for the next one they will be offering you for 6 months (until you register one training course). Furthermore, even when doing the interview the recruiter asks if the candidate have the will to relocate ANY base available so they are being honest and the candidate when saying "yes" is accepting the rules (nobody is threatening anyone to apply). The same applies to the "budget" when they ask if the candidate have enough money saved to cover all the potential expenses when doing training course living in another city/country. As a candidate (I am one applying) before entering training they send you a form where all of this is clearly specified (if you agree to relocate any bases ANY TIME even while doing training, before or after, and even working as a flight attendant it is highly likely possible they relocate you when necessary).

So yes, being a flight attendant is HARD WORK (with Ryanair or not) and candidate should have the will to adapt any circumstance. It is one of the most important skills airlines ask for: to adapt. It sounds weird to me a candidate passes the interview having said "I am not able to relocate or adapt to new circumstances". The process itself is some kind of "chaotic" when you have to get ready all the paperwork before the training (and I know is complicated sometimes) but they give you time to accomplish even while doing the course and, as I said before, the email they send when they offer you a training course date specifies all the paperwork needed. The problem comes when you have short time to have all prepared, but they offer you time and solutions. I am not saying they are the best company in the world, Im just saying they do not lie, do not threat anyone and candidate KNOWS from the very first moment what they are asking for.

Anyway, I understand that you, as a parent, are concerned about all that could challenge your daughter, however this time I think it is not about an airline companies fault (which always could be improve like salaries, etc.) but the skills a flight attendant should have. Aviation is a beautiful environment and, at the same time, challenging and exciting.
         Jump to Top
Unhappy
#5  Re: Ryanair Training Beware  Posted 28/07/2021 at 16:26
In reply to post #3...
I agree the whole process is a shambles and I feel for those young people who persevere and are then based in different parts of the country from the base they applied for. They should be told their base before starting the course and spending hundreds of pounds on accommodation, medicals and covid tests. It is just not practical or affordable to move to another city and rent a place and be able to live on the salary, especially when they have limited flying days.
         Jump to Top
Soglex
Spain
#6  Re: Ryanair Training Beware  Posted 28/07/2021 at 19:04
In reply to post #5...
Absolutely, we should be told the base before starting training course but it is possible once we start working they could relocate later. I know flight attendants from Ryanair who were relocated 4 times while doing training (they were told a base before, another during the course, and finally 2 changes when finished). Unfortunately things go this way, and candidates know that, you are free to accept or not. And about accommodation: they offer per diem salary for the 6 weeks of the training course (it is not much money but at least you can cover expenses). The lucky ones are candidates living in the same city the training is taking place of course.
         Jump to Top
savaiv
#7  Re: Ryanair Training Beware  Posted 30/07/2021 at 12:31
Guys I was offered a place in the bergamo training program but It starts next week and I won’t be able to attend. I sent an email but I haven’t gotten a reply yet. Do I have to do anything else if I want to attend for the next available training course? And is there any way to find out when it’s starting?
         Jump to Top
Joe.weston97
#8  Re: Ryanair Training Beware  Posted 01/08/2021 at 18:47
Do you still only get payd €28 a day for training
         Jump to Top