profile image
agirlhasnoname
Qatar Airways Termination
profile image
agirlhasnoname
Hi guys, I was terminated from Qatar Airways 2 years ago, for a scar that I hadn't declared at the time of joining. So I was fired directly from training.

My question today is. If I get a new passport with a new passport number and apply as a fresh candidate and go to the interview, will they still be able to find out that I'm an ex employee?

I don't have the scar anymore. But I'm asking if changing a passport would work?

Thank you.
profile image
CabinCrewExpert
yes it will work
profile image
Excrew777
I have same situation , so I’m gonna go for open day
profile image
TangoFlyer
I can confidently tell you that having made it to 'training' means that you were an official employee...and as you are aware - that comes with your own designated Staff Number. Even when you resign or get terminated, your staff number is not reassigned to newly joining staff. This means that at any point in time, when any inquiries need to be made, they will always pull up your staff number and all your information is attached to it... Yes, including your past reason for leaving the company! Your passport number may change but your name is consistent and so are your biometrics with Ministry of Interior etc, they know too well you've been there before. Moreover, during the initial application, you will be asked to declare if you were a former employee and to state your former Staff Number. But, let me gladly say, this should not set you back from trying again, as recruitment officials are well informed on the grooming requirements and standards, you'll be surprised you may be selected for the recruitment process, as they may assess the scar and conclude it does not cause a grooming concern. What they will not tolerate normally, is the omission of information deliberately or undeliberately during recruitment, it's mostly a deal breaker for the company. Please I urge you to try again, I hope this answers you. All the best!
profile image
wannabehighinthesky
Well, If I was you I would go to the next OD and when I drop my CV I would mention them the whole situation, and of course I would say that I don't have that scar any more.
Being honest is key for everything in life! Imagine you pass every stage, receive a DOJ, start your training again and then they found out about you and your previous situation. The outcome would be that you have lied again to them, am I right???
The decision is in your hands and you should know what you will do. But you need to know that they have all your data, no matter if you change your passport. Like I said, I would be honest with them, apologize and say to them how bad I want that job!
If they say ''no'' well...they are not the only airline in the world, never give up and always try!!!
I wish you luck
profile image
emma9266
You will have to be honest.

They will still have the same name and date of birth matching someone else (you) who was on the system before.
profile image
Nahur
Can someone please tell me the process of rejoining Qatar Airways after termination. I have heard stories of people rejoining after termination? Can someone tell me the procedure
profile image
Job Only

Please let me know of they re hire people who they terminate. I was terminated bcoz i had amenity kit 

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
7  1.12k 1 week ago
7 1.12k 1 week ago by Jordan Walker
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  8.23k 1 year ago
8 8.23k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.91k 2 months ago
8 2.91k 2 months ago by anniesteuber

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 9 months ago
40 6k 9 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.54k 1 year ago
93 408.54k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.32k 9 months ago
266 595.32k 9 months ago by KL17
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.8k 3 years ago
27 193.8k 3 years ago by juankax
Regional Airline Operators For those who are operating regional services
10  67.48k 4 years ago
10 67.48k 4 years ago by user16937