- Wizz air video interview
- Wizz Air - Norway
- Olympus Airways

Offloaded.

Author
  Topic Started By:  please help me    On:  Sat 29th August, 2015 at 22:59
please help me
#1  Offloaded.  Posted 29/08/2015 at 22:59
Dear Crew members, please can you help me to decide who is wrong in the following situation and what to do. I had a seat in the first road where no place to put my bag/. When CC asked me if I have some lights or flammable liquids in my bag bcs she wanted to move it to another place, I joked that "just a bomb". I was the first in the salon, my voice is not loud.. She told me that I am not allowed to say that. I told her, ok it was a joke.. I already spent a lot of time for security checking before boarding.
I always joke even with such kind of staff, never had have an issue, I don't look as a terrorist I am always with the smile. and I don't like dumpish people. What I wanted to make her to smile. I didn't threaten her, I was agree with her suggestion, I just took my seat and waited for departing. she called police and they took me off the plane without explanation.
I want to ask you dear Cabin Crew what rights do I have as a passenger and do you feel or is there any difference between a joke and real threat.
Where can I find the written terms what I am allowed to say and what not? In "the conditions and terms" there is no information. Just common words..
Any suggestions? Please don't blame me. I know I was not allowed to tell her that awful word even with a smile and even trying to make that girl to smile...
         Jump to Top
A54Y
United Kingdom
#2  Re: Offloaded.  Posted 29/08/2015 at 23:10
In reply to post #1...
Hi there,

There are some thinks that must be investigated, even if said as a joke.

The mention of a bomb, even if said with a smile on your face and a 'wink' will, at the very least, cause a crew member to ask you to leave the plane and open your bag for inspection. This is only if you have a very understanding crew member who has the same sense of humour as you, probably very rare.

It is unfortunate but the crew member had every right to offload you.
This will have been done with the permission of the Commander who will probably be the person who called the police and informed the airline that they were taking this action. As soon as the Commander hears of this, the decision is no longer the crew member's.

Remember, Nil illegitimi carborundum!
         Jump to Top
please help me
#3  Re: Offloaded.  Posted 30/08/2015 at 10:03
Thank you dear moderator,
I am really disappointed. If she (Cabin Crew) was sure that it's a threat she was not allowed to carry on my bag. Right? Because it's dangerous. But she took it, pushed the button to lift the handle, rolled it and etc. Actually, it's unprofessional, that means that in the real situation of the real threat she will behave dangerously - carrying the dangerous bag on that could affect the safety ...
But she knew that it's not dangerous. That's why she took my bag without any cautions... So in this case, if she knew that nothing is dangerous where is the treat?
We were alone, nobody heard us, there is no witnesses. So she can tell Commander whatever she wants, and describe the situation the way she likes? Actually, as I recalled I said that it's a toy bomb.
May be she didn't like me, may be she was in a bad mood. So, as I understand my life and life of other passengers on board are depending on the personal factor not the law. In the airline's General conditions of carriage , there are no definitions describing what passengers are allowed to say and what not, what is the distinction between the joke and a real threat.
And now, what can I do? They will put my name on the black list? How can I protect myself? Ok, I'm guilty, what is the next? Do I have rights for reimbursement? Where can I find that information? I didn't violate the law, neither violate the rules of air-carrier.
Anyway thank you again.
         Jump to Top
A54Y
United Kingdom
#4  Re: Offloaded.  Posted 30/08/2015 at 11:54
In reply to post #3...
I doubt you will be put on a 'no fly' list.
This only tends to happen in the U.S.

You have no recourse, you intimated there was a bomb in your bag.
Since the thousands of people died after the September 11th terrorist attacks and subsequent terrorist activity, there is no tolerance for people making a joke about bombs.

The airline will not pay compensation and no court in the land will support any claim you make. Not that they could as the Air Navigation Order gives airlines absolute power in safety circumstances.

It is best to move on, you made a mistake and learnt a difficult lesson.

Remember, Nil illegitimi carborundum!
         Jump to Top