profile image
prism
Mixed Fleet Destinations update at Present
profile image
boacbaby
Yes I heard the MIA will become an A380 route soon but was also told by the same person (BA Manager) that the route will return to WW fleet.
profile image
boacbaby
Hi arrived in SFO today as was told by the ground staff that SFO is going A380 as well as LAX and as I said previously MIA they are all to be operated by WW fleet apparently because they are worried about the crew in F/C. Also CPT going double for WW.
profile image
Are flights to Haneda, Singapore, Seoul operated by all MF crew or were enough people hired who could speak those languages only on those flights?
profile image
LTN330
That's odd about wanting WW crew for MIA because of FIRST. Are they saying they don't trust MF crew with the service? Is just because of the A380?
profile image
M123
Mixed fleet have operated lax for around 2 years, it's one of the most important routes for F class. Other MF routes like Kuwait and Lagos are very high yielding routes for first class.

Mixed fleet will operate Cape Town as a double daily from end of October.

Miami returning to worldwide, haven't heard that to be honest but they'd be very welcome to take it!

SFO makes sense but will be a while yet I would think.
profile image
Prisioner24601
BA couldn't care less about the service provided by one fleet or the other is all to do with logistics and costs. They are very worried about the division that the 380 has created inside mixed fleet and how the SIN SYD route is impacting the 777 crew. Funny how these two things that were seen as a triumph for mixed fleet is actually destroying it and really making the crew feel demoralised.
profile image
boacbaby
I agree BA don't care about F/C passengers if they did they would provide the catering and equipment to the crew to be able to offer the service that they deserve.

Was only saying about first crew as that what was said to me, I was in no way implying that the crew that worked in first on MF are less superior to WW crew.

Just to add more fuel to the fire also have been told (from union personnel) that the A380 will be leaving MF altogether and replaced with 787, how true this is I do not know but to be honest would not be that surprised.
profile image
M123
New route for MF -
From November
DME 3 times daily - There and Back, a combination of 747/777/A321

KBP/SOF move to eurofleet
profile image
Prisioner24601
Very clever from BA too. With Mix Fleet agreements there is no need to give one day off after this trip, which worldwide had, and can be linked to another long haul trip afterwords...
profile image
BAONE
Enjoy!

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.93k 8 months ago
69 113.93k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.32k -
0 1.32k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.62k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.62k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.79k 8 months ago
266 594.79k 8 months ago by KL17
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.51k 1 year ago
31 372.51k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.24k 1 year ago
93 408.24k 1 year ago by David_Hume
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.68k 2 years ago
27 193.68k 2 years ago by juankax