prism
Mixed Fleet Destinations update at Present
profile image
BAONE
Lagos?
profile image
Bailey26
Oooh, thank you Prism and LittleMinx :)

I don't know if I am completely wrong, but will these routes changes/frequencies be increased for the Summer flying schedule? My training ends mid-March so I am wondering if these same routes will still be MF by then or if we'll have even more new and exciting routes to fly?

Thank you for all your helpful advice - keep it coming!
profile image
M123
Routes change every so often. For example from the list on the previous page, we no longer operate LED, BGO or SVG on Mixed Fleet and we started operating Basel, Lagos and the new Las Palmas. By mid-march there could quite possibly be some more routes.

One thing to note about the European nightstops is they are often rostered as a tour. For Example LHR-PSA-LHR-MAN nightstop MAN-LHR-HAM nightstop HAM-LHR-MAN-LHR clear.

Pisa (PSA) (There & back)
Luxembourg (There & back) (usually rostered as a double with a MAN)
Kiev (KBP) (There & back)
Las Palmas (LPA) (There & back)

Manchester (MAN) (There & back or nightstop) (Quite often rostered as a double)
Hamburg (HAM) (There & back or nightstop)
Paris Orly (ORY) (There & back or nightstop)
Lyon (LYS) (There & back or nightstop )
Basel (BSL) (There & back or nightstop)
Vienna (VIE) (There & back or nightstop)

Baku(GYD) (2 day trip)

Las Vegas (LAS) (3 day trip )
Nairobi (NBO) (3 day trip )
Abuja (ABV) (3 day trip )
Cairo (CAI) (3 day trip)
Kuwait (KWI) (3 day trip)
Lagos (LOS) (3 day trip)
Muscat (AUH-MCT)( 3 day trip )

Miami (MIA)(3-4 day trip)

Rio de Janeiro (GIG), (4 day trip)
Los Angeles (LAX) (4 day trip)(Some longer trips on A380)

Haneda (HND) (4-6 day trips)
Seoul(ICN) (4-6 day trip)

Sin/Syd (9 day trip)
profile image
jje2009
Great post,

Wonder what the differences are with W/W routes regarding length of time down route, also EF.

Little Minx or Prism what are your destinations and lengths please? would be great to see the legacy fleets and see the difference from old BA to new BA

James :)
profile image
prism
Originally posted by @jameseboi
Great post,

Wonder what the differences are with W/W routes regarding length of time down route, also EF.

Little Minx or Prism what are your destinations and lengths please? would be great to see the legacy fleets and see the difference from old BA to new BA

James :)

Its not old and new. We have crew in their 20's on Worldwide and Eurofleet.

Worldwide Fleet and Eurofleet are now closed fleets to new entrants. Noboody else can join these 2 fleets but those on them can move between the 2. The working agreements and pay are different.

Essentially all the longhaul routes except those operated by LGW fleet are the routes operated by Worldwide and Eurofleets.

Some of the Worldwide fleets but not exhaustive are :

Accra, Almaty, Bahrain, Doha, Bangkok, Bangalore, Cairo ( 767 )Mumbai, Cape Town, Chengdu, New Delhi, Denver, Moscow, Dubai, Dallas. Entebbe, Buenos Aires, Freetown, Sao Paolo, Hong Kong, Hyderabad, Houston, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Luanda, Madras, Mexico City, Nassau, Turks and Caicos, Gran Cayman, Tokyo Narita, Beijing, Riyadh, Seattle, San Francisco, San Diego, Singapore, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, New York, Newark, Boston. Philadelphia, Baltimore, Chicago, Phoenix, Washington DC. All these trips vary in frequency and length.
profile image
jje2009
Good Morning Prism,

I did not mean old and new BA in terms of age because that's just wrong. I just thought it would be interesting to see the difference between the fleets. I know obviously that pay is different. But I don't know whether or not the trip lengths are the different. For example. The LAX for MF being a 2/3 day trip. What would it be for WW if and when they did it. Hope you get my point

James
profile image
prism
Originally posted by @jameseboi
Good Morning Prism,

I did not mean old and new BA in terms of age because that's just wrong. I just thought it would be interesting to see the difference between the fleets. I know obviously that pay is different. But I don't know whether or not the trip lengths are the different. For example. The LAX for MF being a 2/3 day trip. What would it be for WW if and when they did it. Hope you get my point

James

LAX is a 4 day trip for MF and would be for Worldwide Fleet if they operated it. The difference is in days off as for Worldwide fleet it would be 3 fixed days off.

Its best not to compare the agreements however.

MF is the fleet people are joining at LHR and it has its own working arrangements and works more closely to Scheme as opposed to Industrial Agreements on the other fleets.
profile image
Bailey26
So in theory Prism, does that mean that Mixed Fleet could at some point be swapped into these routes and/or cover them on standby should a WW/EF crew not be flying for any reason?

It's nice to see some of the other routes, especially the India/Canada routes that BA fly to from LHR!
profile image
prism
Originally posted by @Bailey26
So in theory Prism, does that mean that Mixed Fleet could at some point be swapped into these routes and/or cover them on standby should a WW/EF crew not be flying for any reason?

It's nice to see some of the other routes, especially the India/Canada routes that BA fly to from LHR!

Before the start of each flying programme ie Summer programme and Winter programme we are advised of routes that will move between fleets. Routes move back and too so each fleet has a fair share of work.

From Standby you could be called to operate a Worldwide route but not as an individual as we are not at this time allowed to fly as part of the same crew due to difference in agreements, pay. uniform standards, days off down route etc etc etc.

It does happen sometimes that a flight has to be recrewed due to crew going out of hours or aircraft substitution so you could find yourself going somewhere you haven't. Recently I know a MF crew had to operate a JFK and similarly a Worldwide crew operated an LAX. MF crew have also been called to operate LGW services. It happens now and again and its the luck or bad luck of standby.

Due to the frequencies and links on our Eurofleet operation there is more chance of being called for Eurofleet work as sometimes just a short delay in arrival due to air traffic control etc could mean the crew missing their link to their next flight so it has to be recrewed. Again it has to be a whole crew.
profile image
SLS01
Hello everyone,

I have recently been accepted to work for BA and start my training shortly. I am very excited and don't want to sound ungrateful for the opportunity however, reading these posts have concerned me slightly.

About 25 routes have been listed for mixed fleet and without being rude it looks as if worldwide fleet tend to have a lot more of the popular destinations that would be more desirable to fly to (in my opinion). The fact BA fly to 200 different destinations in 90 different countries I was slightly disappointed these are the only places I'll be flying to. I'm now starting to realise that, the numbers of destinations listed above is spread out over different fleets in different hubs.

How easy is it to get into other fleets such ad worldwide if I want to fly to more / different countries? and is this the same as all airlines or can someone recommend airlines that I will get to go to more places?

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.93k 8 months ago
69 113.93k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.37k -
0 1.37k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.64k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.64k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595k 8 months ago
266 595k 8 months ago by KL17
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.75k 2 years ago
27 193.75k 2 years ago by juankax
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.24k 1 year ago
162 634.24k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.7k 11 months ago
64 248.7k 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe