profile image
steve zodiac
How to survive an assessment day!!!!
profile image
laurent
Thank you Steve Zodiac for your post, it was a fantastic AD, it was exactly as you described it here : no panic for the maths tests. Assessors at EMA were fantastic, they are a fantastic team,really make the day easier, professionals with a cool attitude
profile image
laurent
profile image
tmelo
Thank for your heads up, I'm sure it will be really helpful once we'll be at our AD.

At the moment I'm working for another company, and I have a 3 years contract. I will be going to Thomson AD, however, I'm concerned about the contract they will be offering. Does anybody know if after the 6 months contract they offer, if they renew it at least for another 6 or if they just don't? I'm quite scared about leaving a 3 years contract behind and going for the 6 months and then ending up on the streets afterwards.

If any of you would have info about this, it would be really good to know what to expect. I'm still going to the AD, but would be nice to know in advance so I can take it under consideration.
profile image
steve zodiac
Hi tmelo,

At this stage I would say "go to the assessment day and see what happens". If you get to the interview stage then you will be able to ask the questions directly.

And if you receive a positive e-mail following that, you will then have all of Christmas and New Year to think about your answer if you do get a formal offer of employment.

I would advise with the best intentions, to concentrate your energies on the assessment day itself.

Good luck and let us all know how you get on,
Steve
profile image
KatieSt28
Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting this, it has helped me relax a bit more prior to my assessment on 13th December at EMA

I hope it helps me to get the job!

Thanks
profile image
steve zodiac

Many thanks Katie and good luck!

Steve
profile image
mikedoc90
Thanks for the advice. I'm currently in the holding pool for Newcastle. Hoping for an assessment day close to home. Any ideas when the ADs are?
profile image
steve zodiac
Hi Mike,

I honestly do not know when the dates are. But be patient and you will be rewarded!

Steve
profile image
mikedoc90
Originally posted by @steve zodiac
Hi Mike,

I honestly do not know when the dates are. But be patient and you will be rewarded!

Steve

Thanks Steve. Which base are you at?

I'm excited, but slightly nervous. Are assessment days ever held at the base of your choice? As I've been reading that the assessment day could be in Manchester?

Mike
profile image
steve zodiac
Hi Mike,

I'm at Gatwick.

Assessments are often held at central bases for other regional bases. Obviously bases like Gatwick and Manchester will hold assessments for their own recruits and for smaller bases.

Good luck for your assessment.

Steve

Other discussions going on within Thomson Airways

TUI Recruitment open
1  2.14k 4 years ago
1 2.14k 4 years ago by A54Y
Man AD
1  2.04k 5 years ago
1 2.04k 5 years ago by Becky_1234
Video Interview
7  3.01k 1 year ago
7 3.01k 1 year ago by Harry Williams
MAN - 4th March 2019 - Whatsap...
0  1.66k -
0 1.66k -
TUI Talent Pool - Summer 2022
200  25.31k 1 year ago
200 25.31k 1 year ago by Di Moore

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.02k 8 months ago
266 595.02k 8 months ago by KL17
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.71k 11 months ago
64 248.71k 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.25k 1 year ago
162 634.25k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle