profile image
brighton_rocks
General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet
profile image
bagsy2ndbreak
There's only about 700-800 people on MF at the moment so you do get to fly with each other quite often. Obviously as the fleet grows you will see the same people less and less. Not always a bad thing! Lol.
profile image
brighton_rocks
Ha Ha Ha - but i miss you bagsy2ndbreak!
profile image
bagsy2ndbreak
Present company excepted and always would be Brighton! You won't be seeing much of me next month either. Woohoo!
profile image
brighton_rocks
No cos i'm away all the time and you have a fab roster from what I have read x
profile image
bagsy2ndbreak
profile image
BeLpUzZ
Dear Brighton Rocks, reading your scheduling agreement it is clearly stated that only duties that exceed 13 hours duty time achieve two days off, all the rest achieve only one or even as little as 15 hours. Do crew always get generally 2 days off after all longhauls? You could, according t scheme for example do a ORD with one day off, but would you get generally 2?
profile image
Baby Jack
African trips you can have a short haul the following day
profile image
brighton_rocks
As BabyJack has posted above, the African trips, you can work the following day due to the similar time change, just as with charter, you could do an Orlando the day after a Banjul there and back (which I have done many times). Its not ideal, and perhaps not ethical, but i'm afraid it is legal.
All other rostered long haul's trigger 2 days off 99% of the time, but it is possible to only get 1 day off if called from standby - even though its rare.
profile image
BeLpUzZ
Thanks for your clarification! I have an interview coming up for CSM. Do you know which kind of questions they would be asking and how is the day structured?
profile image
AboveClouds
Hello guys,

Before I post a question, I wanted to thank the contributors, perhaps on behalf on so many of us: no other airline on this website has this much support for their new starters. Amazing!

I have one silly question, don't shoot me for it. :) I got it from somewhere that there is mid- and long-haul classification of flights: when would a flight become mid-haul, and when is it long-haul?.. This muct be related to the length of flight. Is there a max number of hours when the flight shorthaul? Would all short-hauls be there-and-backs, or that would also have something to do with time zones? Say - Kiev, St.Peterburgh are also classified as shorthaul; or, would they be mid-haul? What is the legal requirement to rest for crew after a mid-haul flight, if there is such a classification? I already learnt that for long-hauls the rest time is 24 hrs.

Thankx!

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.93k 8 months ago
69 113.93k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.31k -
0 1.31k -
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.62k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.62k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972
LGW: Interviews Assessments St...
1.12k  331.74k 4 years ago
1.12k 331.74k 4 years ago by zeldazonk

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.23k 1 year ago
93 408.23k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.1k 1 year ago
162 634.1k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.78k 8 months ago
266 594.78k 8 months ago by KL17
bmi & bmibaby All posts relating to bmi!
6  47.03k 5 years ago
6 47.03k 5 years ago by dgill