profile image
cabincrewattendant
Etihad application
profile image
cabincrewattendant
Hey everyone,

Did anyone tried to apply for Etihad?
My application was rejected in the same day, so I was wondering if there is something wrong with my application and I didn't fill something or they refected me so soon? Anyone experienced this? Or maybe anyone already got to next stage?

Best wishes guys!!!
profile image
flyingmarta
I applied today and the application status is
:::::::::::::::::::::::.. We are currently reviewing all applications:::::::::::::::::::::
i havnt heard anything yet though......

You should apply again with a different email, a friend did this, don't know if this will work or not though
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
If your application was rejected the same day, it probably means that you didn't meet the basic requirements. Go back to their careers website and check that you meet everything they ask for - that will get you through the initial screening stage. The requirements are strict but they are there for a reason and also helps recruiters deal with the thousands of applications.
profile image
cabincrewattendant
Hey,

Actually the thing is that they didn't ask for any things like height or something else related to that for this application. Even if they did, I should meet the requirements, because I was cabin crew before.

On one Facebook group I found girls saying that they got rejected also within one day. So maybe there is something else why this is happening
profile image
flyingmarta
did you apply to multiple assessment cities?

because in the email that I got it said that.... if we do apply to multiple assessment cities they won't consider us etc.

We should only apply to one assessment city.

But it is not strange though to get rejected on the same day that we apply, this is common with etihad, has happened before to my friends.

but sucks though to get rejected when we clearly qualify.

cabincrewattendant what FB group is this? i would like to join, do you have the link?
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
If they have not posted the exact requirements yet e.g. height, customer service experience, medical fitness, education etc. then they will just be accepting 'expressions of interest' at this stage or a pre-register stage. This helps them to see how many people are interested in a cabin crew role and what will meet their operational requirements in the future - whether they will need crew or not and whether they are suitable.
Therefore, at the present time a rejection may mean, that there are some requirements that they know about but have not publicly advertised or that they don't actually need any crew right now but are looking at potential.
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
Yes, only one assessment should be applied for. The automated recruitment system will pre-screen all applicants immediately (a recruiter will never see the first round of applications as the system filters all applicants) that is why some people get a same day response. Their requirements or who qualifies can be very specific due to what they are looking for operationally at the current time - so for example, they may be looking for cabin crew with no experience, from certain countries (now, with lower covid cases) and that meet a certain age range or experience level. They know they will have many, many applications and so can pick and choose the top candidates that meet their current requirement profile... however, it can all change at any time!
profile image
Cyborg
I also got a rejection email the next day. In times past that I’ve applied to Etihad, the rejection is so fast. Almost immediately that same day or the next.

Makes me realize it’s not about the application. Perhaps they are not recruiting from my country. Or they’ve reached the limits of application they want to receive but for whatever reasons, they decide to leave the application site open. There’s an explanation that does not revolve around if our application was good or bad.
profile image
flyingmarta
You guys have a point, perhaps for example when they advertise the Italy assessment center, the majority of nationalities they perhaps want for the application are Italians, or Italian speakers etc...
and they eliminate other various nationalities etc...who knows....
they might go after language/nationality with these assessments they post...
profile image
cabincrewattendant
Yes, probably that could be the case about where I live as the assessment centre was not in my country. Maybe that was done due to Covid restictions.

Thank you guys!

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.19k 2 years ago
4 2.19k 2 years ago by david kane
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  7.33k 1 year ago
8 7.33k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.9k 3 weeks ago
8 2.9k 3 weeks ago by anniesteuber
Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.03k 3 weeks ago
6 1.03k 3 weeks ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates HR contact email addr...
29  43k 1 month ago
29 43k 1 month ago by Jovitamaketa280

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.29k 11 months ago
39 427.29k 11 months ago by Aaron
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 7 months ago
40 6k 7 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.66k 7 months ago
266 594.66k 7 months ago by KL17
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.17k 1 year ago
93 408.17k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.43k 10 months ago
64 248.43k 10 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe