profile image
skyclaudia
Emirates recruitment 2021
profile image
skyclaudia
Does anyone know when Emirates will start recruiting again?

If so, any idea of how the process is going to go?

How many new cc will they need this year?

I was in the middle of recruitment process last year, I've only done the 1st interview, no clue if that counts for future opportunities or if I have to start everything again.

Thank you!
profile image
southfloridalove
I just read their passenger volumes are coming back quickly, so I imagine they will hire new flight attendants soon!
profile image
Outsider380
Hi ! That question is probably the one everyone is focused on!
Here's what we know so far regarding Emirates:

- Some C.C are still on UPL (Unpaid Leaves), and some are still going on UPL which means there are still some excess of crews regarding the current situation. However, a lot of crews take those UPL and resigned once they reached their home.

- The rosters are still very light regarding the pre-COVID situation. Some of my friends sill have arounds 3 flights a month, where we had 3 a week before. Also keep in mind that seniority is important in EK. The longer the crews are in the company, the more chances they get to have a flight. My batch was part of the 5 lasts to complete training before the COVID situation which explains why they may not have as many flights as some people you can see on Instagram for example.

- UK and India have to find a more stable situation in order to re-create some of the most important routes Emirates have. They can't allow their aircraft to fly with a very low passenger number like they are doing. We can talk for example about the 1 passenger on a BOM-DXB B777-300 flight. It is a colossal loss of money for the company. (https://simpleflying.com/emirates-777-one-passenger/)

- Sir Tim Clark also declared recently that the company's situation is way better than expected regarding summer 2020, but it doesn't mean the situation is good either. Their financial results should be released soon.

Now let's talk about some positive !

- The ME3 will probably recovery in a quick way. Despite the lack of domestic market, they can take advantage of their high standard reputation. Qatar is currently leading the way, Emirates will probably follow closely, and Etihad will close the path.

- If we have a look at IATA forecast, it is getting more optimistic than what have been announced before. 52% of 2019 level in 2021, 82% in 2022. And that's for the whole world. (some will be quicker than others) (https://www.iata.org/en/pressroom/pr/2021-05-26-01/)

- EXPO 2020 is taking place at the end of the year. When I was in the company, they made it clear that EK want to fly more than 70% of the people/ tourists who want to visit the EXPO. If they still want to do so, they'll need people !

- COVID is slowing down in general in the world. Borders are re-opening for the summer season. We love it !

- During the ATM which took place few days ago, Sir Tim Clark declared that he " is hopeful of a better summer and autumn with more aircraft and crews being prepared for a return to service in the coming months." ,and that "the ideal situation is that the vaccine program beats the virus by Autumn of this year and we get some relief then demand will come back at a staggering rate."

Now, regarding the people who were on hold, what we know so far is that the company will give the priority to "ex staff who left the busines". This is what they declared in December 2020. If you were given a DOJ, you may still be considered. If you haven't passed the final interview, you will probably still have to reapply.

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.22k 2 years ago
4 2.22k 2 years ago by david kane
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  7.56k 1 year ago
8 7.56k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.9k 1 month ago
8 2.9k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.03k 1 month ago
6 1.03k 1 month ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates HR contact email addr...
29  43.01k 1 month ago
29 43.01k 1 month ago by Jovitamaketa280

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.24k 1 year ago
93 408.24k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.11k 1 year ago
162 634.11k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.68k 2 years ago
27 193.68k 2 years ago by juankax
Regional Airline Operators For those who are operating regional services
10  67.39k 4 years ago
10 67.39k 4 years ago by user16937