EasyJet Medical

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  mrlukerobinson    On:  Mon 1st December, 2014 at 22:59
BAONE
#21  Re: EasyJet Medical  Posted 25/12/2014 at 18:07
In reply to post #18...

Originally posted by AIRWORLD

New CAA rules came into play in April 2014 meaning all Cabin Crew now must undergo a FULL medical. Therefore, hearing, eyesight etc are all checked at the medical assessment. It is very different to years ago where you just filled out a form. It is quite an extensive check and full details can be found at CAA.CO.UK under the Cabin Crew section. This new legislation is something all Airlines must legally comply with as standard and so is not upto the individual airlines criteria as it is set down by the Civil Aviation Authority.

Surprisingly, not many existing Crew are actually even aware of this new ruling. Even existing Crew must now have a Medical Check at 5 year intervals.

Luke - as for your concerns, you have nothing to worry about. The weight in proportion to height requirement has been ongoing and i flew for 6 years with the same stats as yourself and it will be no issue. As previously said, as long as you can reach emergency equipment, fit through an overwing exit and wear the Jump Seat Harness.

Really? This is news to me and I've worked for BA for over thirty years.
         Jump to Top
2april4
#22  Re: EasyJet Medical  Posted 12/01/2015 at 22:34
In reply to post #14...
Hi Melissa! Since you already had your face to face medical, can I ask you if they also do a dental check? Thank you ;)
         Jump to Top
StormJenkins
United Kingdom
#23  Re: EasyJet Medical  Posted 26/08/2015 at 19:35
In reply to post #4...
Does that mean at a size 20 I'll be told to go home
         Jump to Top
Detkivskyy
Netherlands
#24  Re: EasyJet Medical  Posted 06/09/2015 at 21:30
In reply to post #23...
You said you were size 18 in another post.

I am also wondering about the wisdom teeth! I've read a blog of someone at Emirates who had his wisdom teeth removed at the medical .
Edited 06/09/2015 @ 22:01 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
leannebear1
#25  Re: EasyJet Medical  Posted 13/09/2015 at 15:53
I recently got an assessment for easy jet but did not know about any medical tests. Im worried I'm on methotrexate for psoriasis arthritis. I work full time now and i do exercise I'm as fit as a fiddle and does not effect my life in anyway . Will i pass the medical , all healthy apart from this but does not effect my life in anyway?

Thanks
         Jump to Top
leannebear1
#26  Re: EasyJet Medical  Posted 13/09/2015 at 15:55
I recently got an assessment for easy jet but did not know about any medical tests. Im worried I'm on methotrexate for psoriasis arthritis. I work full time now and i do exercise I'm as fit as a fiddle and does not effect my life in anyway . Will i pass the medical , all healthy apart from this but does not effect my life in anyway?

Thanks
         Jump to Top
Nicolas81
#27  Re: EasyJet Medical  Posted 13/09/2015 at 21:32
In reply to post #26...
I'm 5ft10 and weight 180lbs. My bmi is 25. Is that too much to be a cabin crew? I'm a bit worried now.
         Jump to Top
November's Storms
Netherlands
#28  Re: EasyJet Medical  Posted 12/10/2015 at 14:16
I've got a separate concern.

I'm wondering about a drugs test with the medical? I haven't used anything I shouldn't for almost a year and should be all clear but I'm still a little nervous about that.
@StephenEamonn #crewlife
         Jump to Top
StormJenkins
United Kingdom
#29  Re: EasyJet Medical  Posted 11/04/2016 at 10:57
In reply to post #24...
Yes I'm a size 18-20 what's your point?
Something to say?
- a dream is a wish your heart makes -
         Jump to Top
ryanbriggs
United Kingdom
#30  Re: EasyJet Medical  Posted 11/04/2016 at 18:30
Hey everyone,
I'm currently on a course in Gatwick and had my medical today, it is fairly straight forward just a blood pressure test, pee on a stick, hand in your eyesight form and a chat to see what or if you have any medical history, then you're done!

Hope this helps
Any concerns just email your onboarding coordinator!

Thanks
Ryan Briggs
Cabin Crew Hopeful / Future Airline Pilot
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >