< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  mrlukerobinson    On:  Mon 1st December, 2014 at 22:59
Thomacito
Germany
#11  Re: EasyJet Medical  Posted 12/12/2014 at 08:56
In reply to post #10...
Hi Hermes!

Thank you for your answer! You have no idea how releivedI was when reading your email :)

How far are you in the process?
         Jump to Top
mrlukerobinson
Groupie
United Kingdom
#12  Re: EasyJet Medical  Posted 12/12/2014 at 14:27
Oh thats alright, I'm just worried about the weight issue? Surely they like crew to be lighter?
         Jump to Top
Thomacito
Germany
#13  Re: EasyJet Medical  Posted 12/12/2014 at 15:47
In reply to post #12...
Don't worry :) I don't think it matter that much!! What do you mean by lighter crew ? ^^
         Jump to Top
MelissaEllen
United Kingdom
#14  Re: EasyJet Medical  Posted 12/12/2014 at 16:24
In reply to post #13...
I had my medical a week ago, they're so friendly, they do do a quick eye test again, and a whisper test to check your hearing, they check your bloody pressure and do your bmi and you have to pee on a tester strip which doesn't test for drugs. It checks for things like ketones, protein and blood in urine ! You then go see the doctor who asks if you have any health problems or anything interesting and then he signs you off as fit to fly for 5 years ! x
         Jump to Top
mrlukerobinson
Groupie
United Kingdom
#15  Re: EasyJet Medical  Posted 12/12/2014 at 16:46
Lighter crew meaning saving fuel :P..

Im just a bit underweight thats all. Nothing else wrong with me at all, eyes fine, no problems, haven't been to the doctor in years..!... Yet STILL worrying about the BMI check. :( Everyone keeps saying it'll be fine its mainly for the overweight people but I worry about the smallest of things lol..
         Jump to Top
mrlukerobinson
Groupie
United Kingdom
#16  Re: EasyJet Medical  Posted 12/12/2014 at 17:14
My BMI is 17.3, which is underweight. Hope its not a case of health being perfect then being underweight and being thrown out :(
         Jump to Top
Thomacito
Germany
#17  Re: EasyJet Medical  Posted 13/12/2014 at 17:58
In reply to post #16...
Seriously don't worry too much. You will be just fine. And I mean you said it yourself! You haven't been to the doctor for ages.. SO that's demonstrate that you're in a good health.

Do you already have a training Date?

Thanks Ellen for the info! Most aprecited :D
         Jump to Top
AIRWORLD
United Kingdom
#18  Re: EasyJet Medical  Posted 13/12/2014 at 18:26
In reply to post #10...
New CAA rules came into play in April 2014 meaning all Cabin Crew now must undergo a FULL medical. Therefore, hearing, eyesight etc are all checked at the medical assessment. It is very different to years ago where you just filled out a form. It is quite an extensive check and full details can be found at CAA.CO.UK under the Cabin Crew section. This new legislation is something all Airlines must legally comply with as standard and so is not upto the individual airlines criteria as it is set down by the Civil Aviation Authority.

Surprisingly, not many existing Crew are actually even aware of this new ruling. Even existing Crew must now have a Medical Check at 5 year intervals.

Luke - as for your concerns, you have nothing to worry about. The weight in proportion to height requirement has been ongoing and i flew for 6 years with the same stats as yourself and it will be no issue. As previously said, as long as you can reach emergency equipment, fit through an overwing exit and wear the Jump Seat Harness.
Edited 13/12/2014 @ 18:28 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
mrlukerobinson
Groupie
United Kingdom
#19  Re: EasyJet Medical  Posted 13/12/2014 at 21:09
In reply to post #18...
Thankyou, put my mind at ease..hope it isn't too much of an issue, like my bf said, not everyone has perfect BMI status.
         Jump to Top
2april4
#20  Re: EasyJet Medical  Posted 25/12/2014 at 18:01
In reply to post #15...
HI guys! any info about the dental check? I have some dark dental fillings since I was a child and my wisdom teeth should be pulled out but I never did it...

Do you know if they are strict about it?
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >