profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
Difficult times in aviation - what can we do?
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
Dear Fellow Flyers and Hope to be Sooners,

This coronavirus crisis has affected our industry so badly and has resulted in many of us losing jobs (including myself) and we don't know exactly when things will go back to normal - whatever/whenever that will be... I have been in this industry for 20 years now and have worked through various health epidemics (Sars/Swine flu, Foot and mouth etc) and was flying on 9/11. But this time it's different...

Many of us will be in difficult times but try and stay positive. We are a strong bunch in the aviation world and have lots of amazing skills and we will come back stronger... Bravo to those cabin crew in the UK who are going to help out the NHS! If you have any extra time to volunteer (and if safe to) it's a very positive thing and will be looked on as so by future employers. Take extra time to learn a language or new skills - anything to keep the mind busy. Think how you can improve yourself and bounce back in to the industry with a vengeance!

I have extra time available now, so if anyone wishes to renew their CV or have some personal coaching from me, I am available - details are on my website. Or if you just want a chat or vent frustrations, please feel free, maybe I can help. We all need to support each other right now...don't ever feel alone - you can contact me through my website and I'll respond as soon as I can.

I am also thinking about other strategies and ideas to help us all get back on our feet (and attach our wings!) again. I can still help if you are just starting out as cabin crew/VIP flight attendant - it will be important now to be at your very best, competition will be fiercer than ever. I believe there will be big changes to our industry after this is over, but we can overcome the challenges. Let's prepare.

I will make any updates here. Please stay safe everyone and remember we will get through this together!

Patricia
profile image
monteclara
Thanks for keeping us posted. Stay safe; stay well.
profile image
eyrartick
It's so sad that this industry is one of the most badly hit by this pandemic. hoping that everything will get back to normal soon.
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
I hope so, I am very sad that so many of us are not working at the moment and that this industry is now a complete mess thanks to governments/quarantines/restrictions etc. I believe we all just want to get back to work ASAP, virus or not...

Other discussions going on within Current Cabin Crew Jobs

UK Cabin Crew looking for a ch...
2  1.53k 1 year ago
2 1.53k 1 year ago by Grace Brown
Searching for job for cabin cr... Hello every one hope you are going well ,please he...
1  57 1 month ago
1 57 1 month ago by Emad Omda
Looking to speak to cabin crew
1  3.6k 3 years ago
1 3.6k 3 years ago by irahmanjones
European Citizen need presettl...
7  3.87k 1 year ago
7 3.87k 1 year ago by Richard Costello
Eurowings Europe
1  3.22k 2 years ago
1 3.22k 2 years ago by FlyEla

Other topics for Cabin Crew

Interviews Tell us your experiences!
71  986.11k 3 months ago
71 986.11k 3 months ago by Rachid Anssari
Wannabe Cabin Crew For those just starting out!
113  543.17k 11 months ago
113 543.17k 11 months ago by Sarah McMillan
Experienced Cabin Crew For the Veterans!
57  183.26k 6 months ago
57 183.26k 6 months ago by annaliona
Promotions How does your airline promote people from juniour...
1  103 -
1 103 -
Training course Training course discussion
6  3.32k 2 years ago
6 3.32k 2 years ago by Mrwmly