profile image
MYT01
CSM's LHR
profile image
MYT01
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know when CSM is opening up externally?

Many Thanks
profile image
Little minx
It could open up any time or it may never open. I don't think anyone knows.

Idealy BA would prefer to promote internally and they will only open it up externally if they don't have enough internal Future Talent CSMs or other internal crew to promote.

I am sure if it opens up someone will post about it here.
profile image
BAONE
LM it may never open??
profile image
Little minx
Originally posted by @BAONE
LM it may never open??

Well yes, they may promote internally from within M/F or from within BA.

It might never be offered externally again.
However there have been rumours that they are not sure if they have enough internal candidates ready, so then I guess it could be offered externally .

However it's really anyone's guess as to whether they will or they won't and it probably depends on how more new routes get started etc.
profile image
Sakura
My IBM seems to think that it will be internal again early next year. I have a few EF friends who have expressed a desire to move over to MF but only in a CSM position.

S.
profile image
Little minx
I have heard rumours of that and then generally they take it externally but only if they do not have enough internal candidates.

So no one can say at this time if it will ever open externally or not.
profile image
prism
Originally posted by @MYT01
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know when CSM is opening up externally?

Many Thanks

I would keep your eye on the careers page over the next few days ;-)
profile image
prism
Recruitment for Mixed fleet LHR CSM is now open. Check out the jobs link or the careers page of BA.com. Open for applications till 17th November 2013
profile image
Soph2013
HI guys, I wondered if you could help to clarify exactly how much experience you need to apply for this role and exactly what they consider to be a Senior cabin crew manager.

My point being is that in the Middle Eastern airline I currently work for, our aircrafts are configured to be just Economy and Business class cabins, we don't have many aircrafts with a First Class cabin. There are 2 supervisors, one Cabin Senior who is in charge of the Economy cabin/duty free etc and one Pursur who is in overall charge of both cabins. My job is to be in charge of the Business Class cabin and up to 7 crew members within the cabin however, my job title does not contain the word manager or senior crew member. This is just the way my airline operates.

Would BA consider this to be an acceptable amount of experience and would they consider differences in job roles and responsibilities across different airlines?

Your help is much appreciated!
profile image
Little minx
Either would count as SCCMs.
Last time they accepted In charge of a long haul aircraft or cabin on a long haul carrier. They also accepted in charge of a short haul aircraft.

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.93k 8 months ago
69 113.93k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.32k -
0 1.32k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.62k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.62k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.8k 8 months ago
266 594.8k 8 months ago by KL17
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.11k 1 year ago
162 634.11k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.24k 1 year ago
93 408.24k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.34k 11 months ago
39 427.34k 11 months ago by Aaron