profile image
user16937
CRC check and References
profile image
jeniszen
Is the abroad criminal check only relevant in the LAST 5 YEARS? Or all working history?
profile image
lisiloo
Originally posted by @DClgw
I've had a problem sorting a 2nd job reference out recently, what they might do is get you to provide them with HMRC tax documents to prove you were employed by the company. It shouldn't cause too much of a problem but can take a bit longer.

Thank you! I've already had the foresight to request this information so that should be with me in 10 days.
profile image
FlyAway2018
Delete
profile image
louiselcmt
Hi everyone, I will have to provide my 5 years references really soon so I started to check if I had all of my start/end dates for my previous jobs and I red we have to give a referee for every gap of more than 28 days but when I was still at school I had 2 months summer holidays when I didn't really do anything (only travelled) so what should I write/say? :)
profile image
Lauren_18x
Hi

I was contacted last week by Carbon 60 who are taking control of my references. I sent an email to them yesterday asking if they request anything else from my references etc but there’s been nothing so far. My start date is 2nd August and I’m hoping this does not get pushed back.

Has anyone else experienced this?
profile image
Ess_manc
Hi all. Hoping someone could shed some light. I have applied for Virgin Atlantic and British Airways Gatwick Fleet (who don't fly to Dubai). Long story short, I have debt in Dubai and understand this may come up with virgins referencing since they do fly there. But would British Airways also check?

I really want to start working so I can pay it off. But need to know if this is going to be a huge issue with each airline. Really caught between a rock and a hard place
profile image
Li
Get a friend who knew of your whereabouts to verify what you was doing
profile image
Bannersb22
I'm just trying to get some info together so I'm ready for sorting references....I have a main employer but am also on a zero hour contract with another company just to do casual work every now and then...would I have the put down that company as a reference even if I hardly work for them? Or is it fine to just put the main one down?
profile image
DClgw
If you put it down on your application to BA then you definitely need to add it to your referencing or it will probably fail the checks at the end of the process. Best thing to do in that instance is back it up with HMRC documents. Definitely request an OCA41 form and if you were self employed also request an SA302, even if these documents do not show that employment period they will ask you to request them as a matter of procedure, hope this helps.
profile image
10local
Do you know if they also ask the company about the reason for leaving?

Thanks

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.93k 8 months ago
69 113.93k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.31k -
0 1.31k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.61k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.61k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.5k 1 year ago
31 372.5k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.33k 11 months ago
39 427.33k 11 months ago by Aaron
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.78k 8 months ago
266 594.78k 8 months ago by KL17
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.09k 1 year ago
162 634.09k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle