profile image
user16937
CRC check and References
profile image
Ricardo Ribeiro
Indeed, Procius is useful as they take longer and they support service is ridiculous, my process was all most done, after 11 months, and now look like they found something wrong with the reference, don't know why .... I call them and they blame the security office saying they found an issue on the dates , even after sending the HRMC report, really don't understand.... is me i started thinking to withdraw the application, all this waiting time for the salary they pay ...BA needs to think the better way as we wait long way its mean we really want the job no matter the payment but they don't value this .... let see ,

And what confuse me more is, you receive a email from BA saying, Congratulations your 1st stage is complete, were is not??.

British Airways AD - 14/04/2017
Conditional offer - 17/04/2017
Referencing started - 19/04/2017
Sky People - 15/01/2018
Cabin Crew Course -23/012018
profile image
geldern
Hi All,

I start with Skypeople on 30 April, SW are already working on my background check.
As I know, some of my references have already been contacted but some others are still waiting to be contacted.
Shall I contact SW about the progress of my application in case I can speed it up or shall I still wait? SW say on their website not to contact them but having heard some horror stories, I'm not sure wht I should do.

Appreciate your advice in advance Guys
profile image
Mroberts97
I was with procius and they finished my referencing first week of December after just over a month of refrencing, I phoned them every week for a update but also told my references to expect a call/email off them and found that to speed things up 10 fold, just call them regularly, ask for updates and status of your file, definitely works and you have peace of mind someone is working on your case??
profile image
amyp98
RING THEM UP ASAP! they didnt phone for me 3 weeks, i was asked to apply for US Visa so I phoned up Procius and they didnt even have my details! had to get it all sorted otherwise it never would have been done so definitley ring them up
profile image
amyp98
Hi were you at the AD on the 20th of november for BA?
profile image
geldern
Hi Guys,

Re: Security Watchdog, do you know if it's possible to change the contact of a referee if the E-mail address previously provided was incorrect?
Thank you All
profile image
jostorm
Hi everyone!
Just a question about the referencies, I've got an assessment day with BA in 10 days and I would like to anticipate with my 5 years referencies .
Im flying with a french airline these times, I got through it last year and so have already got the CRC done a year ago (way more easily, the airline took care of the whole process without having to provide anything to them ).
Plus I have got US ans chinese Visa, don't know if it can help.
Do you think my FRENCH CRC can be transfered when I'll be optionally offered the job?
I kind of worry about it since I've got a few gaps between my employement periods as I did some travels abroad (USA Australia and austria) and I'm reading some scary things here that it could be outrageously long !!!
Thank you ;)
profile image
Intheskywithdiamonds
Hi there,

Has anyone had a previous employer refuse to confirm that you worked there? If so, what alternative way could you verify that employment?
profile image
lisiloo
Long story short, I had a 2nd job from 2013-2015 and have got in touch with them today, they have basically said that due to personal circumstances they may not be able to complete the reference and they are concerned they may miss any calls etc. All of my main jobs from the past 5 years are all covered but this 2nd job, they may not be able to get to speak to. Will this cause a problem? I will also have two personal referee's just in case.
profile image
DClgw
I've had a problem sorting a 2nd job reference out recently, what they might do is get you to provide them with HMRC tax documents to prove you were employed by the company. It shouldn't cause too much of a problem but can take a bit longer.

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.93k 8 months ago
69 113.93k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.31k -
0 1.31k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.62k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.62k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.78k 8 months ago
266 594.78k 8 months ago by KL17
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.23k 1 year ago
93 408.23k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.33k 11 months ago
39 427.33k 11 months ago by Aaron
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.1k 1 year ago
162 634.1k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle