profile image
user16937
CRC check and References
profile image
NewLHRcrew12
Hi borntofly08,

Yeah never had a response to the email I sent the BA Ref team about a month ago (which is what they told me to do to escalate it). Eventually got so fed up of delays I started ringing, and am still yet to hear back from the manager though it looks like it's finally being dealt with and am due a call tomorrow. Tried emailing the two addresses you mentioned last night as well so I'm hoping eventually something will get through.

I've made it very clear that after over 2 months of delays on top of the initial 6 months it took SW that I can and will not accept any further delays - financially it's just not possible, and I'm gutted and frustrated BA seem to think it is.

I tried collecting as much written evidence but the only way I could normally get SW to respond (without waiting for weeks) was by calling them unfortunately.

The first two times I was delayed due to them not even having finished the file (despite having an extra month between those two dates), and the third delay was due to the amount of reworks needed (the fourth because these reworks had not been completed... again). I find out tomorrow if I will be delayed a fifth time, but apparently SW have failed to apply for a new Criminal Records Check, and as they have taken so long in processing my file my current CRC is out of date next week - if I am not cleared to start training before then I will have to wait for a new CRC. Absolute nightmare!

As for notice, I was told about all of those delays within a few days of the supposed start date. What I wanted to make clear to BA was that if I wasn't in the relatively lucky position I am in, and had given in notice to a full time job in anticipation of starting a new one, I would now be over 2 months without any income!
profile image
Lou9
I thought I was the only one on this boat...

I've applied in mid-February but I'm currently having so much trouble with my referencing process (some of my academic references are being a pain ... plus my gap references haven't been contacted yet, which could save so much time!) and the HMRC letter is making me lose my patience. I didn't get any information about it so I trusted the GOV.UK website on that... after two months of waiting I got it in the post and spent almost £7 on special delivery to send it to Procius but GUESS WHAT? They emailed me back saying it's not what they wanted! Another two months of waiting...One of my CRC will run out in July and I'm so frustrated of spending so much money on documents :(

I fought so hard for this job and I'm so disappointed with this much waiting and lack of information. People that applied and had their assessments after me will start soon and I'm still stuck on stage 1.

(Sorry for the rant, but I don't know what to do!)
profile image
Seppi333
Hi Guys, does anyone else having references checked by SW? Im on my week 6 and getting bit worried now
profile image
peach93
Hi there!

I am now also applying for my Dubai CRC and was wondering how long it took for you?
Also, the whole process including fingerprints, legalisation, postage etc goes up to £200 !!!!!!! Is BA covering for that?

:(
profile image
amydxb
Hey no you pay for it all. I'm currently on week 9 from sending it off through the UAE embassy in London and still waiting ... :(
profile image
Emzy189
Hi guys... does anyone know about the references been transferable?ba use the same refeeence company as my current company.. and just wondered if they could get all my refenerences from them?

Thanks

Emma

Xox
profile image
amydxb
Hey

Have you any update on your dubai crc? I have been waiting over 12 weeks now and still no sign of it last week they promised me I'd have it before 15th August today when I've rang they said ring next week no one is helping me I'm at my wits end ??
profile image
Sam141276
Sent you PM Amy.
profile image
louise123
I have a 6 week gap from finishing university to starting my current job!

How do i account for this?

i didn't claim benefits I was looking for work and doing some travelling? any help would be appreciated
profile image
amydxb
You can get a friend to do a gap form

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.93k 8 months ago
69 113.93k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.37k -
0 1.37k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.64k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.64k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.38k 1 year ago
93 408.38k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.02k 8 months ago
266 595.02k 8 months ago by KL17
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.71k 11 months ago
64 248.71k 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.6k 1 year ago
31 372.6k 1 year ago by Charles Carter