profile image
user16937
CRC check and References
profile image
user16937
hi guys, i am due to start my training (mixed fleet LHR ) 27th June , however i am still waiting for ba to contact me in regards to how i apply for the criminal record check. My acceptance email states all references etc must be completed 2 weeks prior to start date, which leaves 5 weeks to get sorted, Im worried that my start date will be pushed back. Has anyone else experienced similar scenario.

Thanks,
profile image
MelP
Don't worry, I start training 11th June and only got the referencing email about a week and half ago. Once you get that you get that email everything starts moving!xx
profile image
MelP
Don't worry, I start training 11th June and only got the referencing email about a week and half ago. Once you get that you get that email everything starts moving!xx
profile image
JenNorthy
Hi,

As long as your 5 year history is straight forward (no jobs abroad, no gaps in employment, no periods of claiming benefits) then it should all get done in time. If there are complications such as the ones I listed it can take quite a while. My start date got moved back six weeks due to Procius not being able to get my referencing sorted on time, and BA told me two days before I was due to start training. My advice is just to keep well on top of it and make sure it's all done in plenty of time.

Jenny
profile image
JenNorthy
Hi,

As long as your 5 year history is straight forward (no jobs abroad, no gaps in employment, no periods of claiming benefits) then it should all get done in time. If there are complications such as the ones I listed it can take quite a while. My start date got moved back six weeks due to Procius not being able to get my referencing sorted on time, and BA told me two days before I was due to start training. My advice is just to keep well on top of it and make sure it's all done in plenty of time.

Jenny
profile image
user16937
hi there , thanks for your reply ! i have worked abroad for one year. im currently in the process of getting my police clearance certificate i also had a 2 year gap between jobs due to personal reasons , but i did not claim benefits as i lived off my savings. Im hoping theres no delay :(
profile image
Ding Duck
I'm just filling in my references for an AD. I have a six week gap between finishing school and starting work, not claiming benefits. I guess I need a personal referee, but who can be one, as it doesn't say anything about that on the guide? Surely a family member can't be one? The thing is, I'm sort of running out of personal referees, as the school I went to has gone bust and I need one for that period too. Any ideas?
profile image
prism
Originally posted by @Ding Duck
I'm just filling in my references for an AD. I have a six week gap between finishing school and starting work, not claiming benefits. I guess I need a personal referee, but who can be one, as it doesn't say anything about that on the guide? Surely a family member can't be one? The thing is, I'm sort of running out of personal referees, as the school I went to has gone bust and I need one for that period too. Any ideas?

How about a family friend, a neighbour,a teacher, a priest. your doctor, etc
profile image
user16937
Hi there ,

it cannot be someone such as a doctor etc..... i have a 2 year gap between employers. i have given a personal reference who is a friend , your reference cannot be related to you. the friend that you select to be a reference, you must have known them for more than 5 years.

hope this helps
profile image
Ding Duck
Thanks prism and N1986!
That's pretty much what I thought. I hate to bother my friends with this, but guess I have to. They normally use e-mail though, don't they? I was just thinking a phone call from abroad might feel a bit intimidating to some people…

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.93k 8 months ago
69 113.93k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.32k -
0 1.32k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.62k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.62k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.79k 8 months ago
266 594.79k 8 months ago by KL17
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.51k 1 year ago
31 372.51k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.24k 1 year ago
93 408.24k 1 year ago by David_Hume
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.68k 2 years ago
27 193.68k 2 years ago by juankax