profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
Cabin Crew Job Scams....
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
Just a warning about a few scams that have been about the last month or so, please be careful!

Al Jaber Aviation in UAE (emails and job offers/contracts) have been sent out to cabin crew, pilots, engineers... The company in fact officially closed down last year and no longer exists, so this is a definite scam.

AviationCV had a recent advertisement for VIP Cabin Crew on Airbus320 for bases in Europe. This was confirmed as a scam by Cat Aviation whose name was being used - they clarified that they don't hire crew outside of Zurich and did not post the ad.

Luxair VIP emailed me with a random offer (I had not applied...) offering me a 2 year contract... I replied out of curiosity and they asked for all training costs, accommodation, transport etc. fees to be paid in advance for a 2 week course that would ensure me a position as VIP cabin crew.

If it looks suspicious, it probably is! If in doubt ask a well experienced crew member or ask me here on the forum or by PM and I will let you know if its genuine or not
profile image
pip1234
Excellent post! I received an email from Al-Jaber but the standard of English was appalling so I figured it was a scam.

It seems quite a few scam jobs are popping up in aviation CV at the moment so this is something to watch out for too.
profile image
A54Y
Another way to spot a scammer is the email address they ask you to send your CV/pictures to.

Hotmail and Gmail addresses will not be used by legitimate recruiters.
profile image
Maragia Tsolaki
it seems that I fall for a scam this time supposed to be from Hi Fly . But unfortunately I have already sent a passport copy. What could happen now?

Be careful out there!!
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
Try not to worry, they are usually asking for money... say to pay for visa approval, training costs etc.
If in doubt that a contract is real or not you can always send to me to check for you. Unfortunately, there has been a lot of these over the last 6 months - it's so annoying when so many people are out of work and then we get hopeful and find out it's another scam...
Don't let them win!
profile image
Szabina Zsenticskó
Hi guys,

I got the email from Jetmagic, but before I noticed its a scam, I already sent my CV and passport copy what do you think can happen? i reported to the police and I started the process of canceling my passport. I cant do anything else.
Be careful!

Btw in my email it said that everything is covered by jetmagic,so I dont know at which stage they wanted to ask for money.
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
As you can see above, the 2nd email they ask for money for training and if it's a UAE company they ask for money for visas. Hopefully, you have survived this without any further issue.

Please everyone, be very careful of these scams - they are still ongoing. If in doubt contact me and I'll check it out.
profile image
andreeaignat
andreeaignat112@gmail.com

Hello!

I received this email from Mjet company and I don’t know if it is real or not. It looks like a scam but they did not ask for any money from me!

Dear Andreea,

This email is a confirmation of the receipt of your resume. Below are the basic details of this contract:

Contract duration: 2 years renewable contract.
Base: Austria
Rotation: 20 days on and 10 days off.
Salary: 5,800 euro/month + 3.85 per diem. Gross salary before 25% tax deduction.
Accommodation: Provided by Mjet (monthly accommodation allowance (euros 800) or international hotel accommodation).
Aircraft: Boeing BBJ
Insurance:
Excellent benefits package including Medical (United Health Care), Dental, Vision, company paid Life Insurance, company paid Loss of License, company paid Harvey Watt support services for medical issues.
Bonuses: Up to 10% of annual salary.
Vacation: 24 days paid annual vacation.
Uniform: Provided by Mjet.
The company provides flight fare to and fro home base location during off days.

Provide the answers to the following questions below along with your Skype details.

What is your current status of employment?
What is your current location?
Confirm your availability in the next 2 months.
Are you eligible to reside within the EU?

--
Regards,

James Bartosik
Hr Manager/Administrator

MJET GmbH – Business Aviation, Aircraft Management, VIP Charter Operations, Sales and Acquisitions

After I replied to them they sent me this one about the training.

Hi Andreea,

In order to be employed for this position you will be required to complete a VIP flight attendant training. This training will be done at the company designated flight training academy. Completion of this training guarantees your employment to this position.

This training is organized by the company, however you will be required to take care of your accommodation in Madrid.

Below you will find the details of VIP flight attendant training.

Training cost: Paid by company
Training duration: 2 weeks
Training location: Madrid, Spain.
Accommodation: Self sponsored.

All materials for training is provided by the company along with 3 x buffet meals daily at the accommodation.
Training start dates: June 7, June 14, June 21, June 28, July 5, July 12, July 19, July 26, August 2 and August 9( You will be required to confirm a convenient date for you in order to book and schedule your training)

Below is an outline of courses to be covered during your training.

Week 1
Introduction to the private aviation industry
Corporate aircraft types
The role and responsibilities of a corporate flight attendant
Standard operational procedures
Pre-flight, inflight and post flight duties
Trip planning and planning of resources
Ordering catering and menu planning
catering from hotels and restaurants
Catering on a budget and difficult destinations
Catering for the Middle Eastern, Russian, Asian and African Clientele
Gourmet foods
Modern napkin folds
The art of setting a table
Introduction to wines, champagne and spirits
Wine growing regions-old world and new world wines
Wine and food pairing
Serving wine, champagne, cocktails and spirits
Silver service
Catering and on board service
Food garnishing techniques
Modern food plating and presentation techniques

Week 2
Cabin preparation
Contemporary cabin trends
Galley preparation and effective organization
VIP etiquette and service protocol
Cultural differences and considerations
Service differences for Asian, Middle East, Russian and African clientele
Children on Board
Pets in the Cabin
VVIP's and head of state flights
Customs, quarantine and aircraft paperwork
Food safety and food handling
Corporate aviation etiquette
The professional image-social media etiquette
Practical service training/Trial flights

Find attached contract draft.

After reviewing the above training details and contract draft and you would like to continue the process of this recruitment by enrolling, kindly send me a confirmation email in order to send you application form and vaccine declaration form.

--

They sent me a contract draft but it has only 2 pages and no company logo! After that they also sent me the application form wich again does not have any company logo and the vaccination declaration. Please help because I have no idea what to do! I checked the company website, the aircraft does not appear there! Also, at the careers section there is no mention that they hore flight attendants. However, for other roles they tell you to sent your resume on the same email I received my documents! Another very duboius thing is that when I receive emails, I receive from staff@mjet.eu but when I reply, my emails go to staff.mjet@europe.com. I tried sending an email to staff@mjet.eu but it does not work, it tells me that the email address does not exist, however, is the one on the website....Please help me I really don’t know what to do.
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
It is a scam... if you see post 13 above it is almost the same just a few things changed, like the company name, salary etc. The salary is very high for Austria for sure - and they still ask you to pay for something, so yes, a scam.

Thanks for posting as it just warns us that this is still going on, and by the same people.

If you didn't apply directly to them for a position, they likely got you details from a hacked website for cabin crew jobs.
profile image
Alona Shatz

I also received scam emails. I sent my CV and Passport for a VIP Cabin Crew in this case in the name of MNG-JET:

info@mng-jet.com info@mng-jet.com <info@mng-jet.com>

8 de fev. de 2022 13:32 (há 3 dias)para mimHi,

We have received your resume. Find below details of the contract.Contract duration: 2 Years Renewable.Base: Istanbul Turkey Rotation: 20 days on and 10 days offSalary: 3,150 euro/month Aircraft: Embraer Legacy 600Insurance: Company paid Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, Vision, and company paid Loss of LicenseBonuses: Up to 5% of annual salary.Uniform: Provided by the companyAccommodation: International hotel accommodation.Selected applicants are required to undergo a self-sponsored Aircraft base training. This training guarantees your employment to the company.

If you would like to proceed with this application send us a confirmation email along with a copy of your passport in order to receive more details regarding the Aircraft Base training.

Other discussions going on within Current Cabin Crew Jobs

UK Cabin Crew looking for a ch...
2  1.53k 1 year ago
2 1.53k 1 year ago by Grace Brown
Searching for job for cabin cr... Hello every one hope you are going well ,please he...
1  57 1 month ago
1 57 1 month ago by Emad Omda
Looking to speak to cabin crew
1  3.6k 3 years ago
1 3.6k 3 years ago by irahmanjones
European Citizen need presettl...
7  3.87k 1 year ago
7 3.87k 1 year ago by Richard Costello
Eurowings Europe
1  3.22k 2 years ago
1 3.22k 2 years ago by FlyEla

Other topics for Cabin Crew

Interviews Tell us your experiences!
71  986.13k 3 months ago
71 986.13k 3 months ago by Rachid Anssari
Wannabe Cabin Crew For those just starting out!
113  543.19k 11 months ago
113 543.19k 11 months ago by Sarah McMillan
Experienced Cabin Crew For the Veterans!
57  183.26k 6 months ago
57 183.26k 6 months ago by annaliona
Promotions How does your airline promote people from juniour...
1  103 -
1 103 -
Training course Training course discussion
6  3.32k 2 years ago
6 3.32k 2 years ago by Mrwmly