- Bristol accommodation
- Training course in Portugal - April 29th

Base change

Author
  Topic Started By:  nbutt    On:  Wed 14th August, 2013 at 13:49
nbutt
#1  Base change  Posted 14/08/2013 at 13:49
Hi all

Im based in dublin and iv been here for a week. I wanted to ask if anyone in eindhoven wishes to change. I am desperate to transfer to eindhoven. If anyone wishes to swap please let me know i will be very grateful.

Thanks
N butt
         Jump to Top
Beco225
#2  Re: Base change  Posted 14/08/2013 at 16:43
In reply to post #1...
Hi Nbutt,
You can put in for a transfer to the Eindhoven base, but you'll probably be in the Dublin base now for atleast 1 year no base transfers would be granted before the 1st year. I know this as i was based in Dublin but wanted Liverpool, even though they sent 9 people to the Liverpool base from one of my training course groups, I wasn't allowed to swap, so i resigned after a short while. But Nbutt don't hold your hopes on getting the transfer after 12 months some crew have been at DUB for years and still waiting for a transfer.
         Jump to Top
nbutt
#3  Re: Base change  Posted 14/08/2013 at 17:27
In reply to post #2...
Hi

Yes but my situation is hard, i have a family member there who is very ill and i wish to go there to take care of them. Its not just a matter of transfer because i want it. My family are trying to get me to go to eindhoven to look after my family member as they are very sick and i want to go to be with them. I dont mind if eindhoven give me minimum hours. I will try to explain this to them
         Jump to Top
Beco225
#4  Re: Base change  Posted 14/08/2013 at 17:42
In reply to post #3...
Hi Nbutt
It is worth asking the base supervisors, But again i don't know if they'll move you, try and explain your reason as best you can, but it's ryanair, i honestly don't think they'll let you move.i just don't understand why they move crew away form their home countries they probably do it to be awkward.
         Jump to Top
Ludeiana23
Groupie
Italy
#5  Re: Base change  Posted 30/09/2013 at 13:15
Hi guys sorry but I don't understand which criteria does ryanair use to place people over Europe bases?If I attend the AD IN London will I be based in LOndon ?or will I be placed just following their needs or for the languages I speak?thx
         Jump to Top
chloemclelland98
#6  Re: Base change  Posted 06/04/2021 at 15:08
Good Morning,

I am currently doing my training and have been given a permeant base of London Stanstead.
I had originally applied to Edinburgh as I have a sick family member that I take care off and I could not move to London and leave them in Edinburgh.
Is there anyway I could change base before my training is over as I cannot physically move to London when I have personal stuff going on at home.

Any help is appreciated.
         Jump to Top
jknox
#7  Re: Base change  Posted 06/04/2021 at 18:25
In reply to post #6...
You would be best speaking directly to crewlink regarding this, they'll be able to give you a clearer answer.

Hope it all works out
         Jump to Top
kay0900x
#8  Re: Base change  Posted 06/04/2021 at 22:05
In reply to post #6...
Unfortunately Ryanair are really stubborn and you have to go through the transfer process on the VPOS which is the only way to get transferred, can take up to a year :(
         Jump to Top