profile image
Flyboy001
BA medical assessment
profile image
user16937
Hi just wondering if anyone can help... I have ulcerative colitis which is kept stable by medication, it has no effect on my life but this is the reason I got turned down by Etihad so worrying it may happen again. Anyone know how BA are with inflammatory bowel disease??
profile image
cd1993x
Hey, regarding your ulcerative colitis, my friend has crohns disease and i think she was classed unfit.

if you log onto the CAA website it gives you full requirement.
Here's the part I think would interest you...

(a) Cabin crew members with any sequelae of disease or surgical intervention in any part of the digestive tract or its adnexa likely to cause incapacitation in flight, in particular any obstruction due to stricture or compression, should be assessed as unfit.
A fit assessment may be considered following satisfactory treatment and recovery.
(b) Cabin crew members should be free from herniae that might give rise to incapacitating symptoms.
(c) Cabin crew members with disorders of the gastro-intestinal system, including:
(1) recurrent dyspeptic disorder requiring medication;
(2) pancreatitis;
(3) symptomatic gallstones;
(4) an established diagnosis or history of chronic inflammatory bowel disease; or
(5) after surgical operation on the digestive tract or its adnexa, including surgery involving total or partial excision or a diversion of any of these organs may be assessed as fit subject to satisfactory evaluation after successful treatment and full recovery after surgery.
profile image
eswatton
So I have hot my medical coming up and on the section of the questionnaire, it asks you to tick if you have or have ever..... The only one will be say yes to is admitted to Hospital. You then have to explain why. So 1st time was 10 and had my tonsils removed. 2nd time had my son in hospital age 20 and 3rd time had a blockage removed from my kidney in 2009. It then says you need a medical report and letters from your consultant to your Doctor and to bring these with you. Has anybody else had a similar situation to me where the operations were long ago? Did you get the information from your Doctor?

Also I checked my immunisation record last night online and some of the infections I had at school such as TB are not on it, how do I go on about getting this information.

Kind regards
profile image
LizzieAitken
Hi guys

I've nearly finished my referencing and the next stage is the medical :D Does anyone know if BA actually look at your medical record? I don't have an issue with it, I'm just curious. Seems like a lot of hassle to look through all their recruits medicals!
profile image
eswatton
Hi

Yes you have to sign a waiver to give them access to your medical records and I had to pay my GP £29.50 for a letter explaining the 3 occasions in my life that I have been admitted to hospital. You then also have to take with you a full immunisation report.
profile image
smainds
Hi

Can anyone tell me the dress code for the medical assessment please?

Thanks!
profile image
Megfitz101
Hi does anyone know if you can take someone with you to the medical assessment such as a family member or friend?

Thanks

Meg.
profile image
user16937
Please can any crew with PCOS get in touch with me. I need advice X
profile image
Garyh
Hi all,

I have my medical tomorrow but I have not received my employment number or contract in the post yet. It says to take your employment number with you to the medical.

Can anyone see this being a problem. The medical email said my employment number would follow in the post and it has been a week and it hasn't arrived.

Has anyone had experience with this.

Thanks guys
profile image
DarcyMunn
Hi everyone,

What is the dress code like for the medical/uniform/security interview appointment? Is it smart or casual or a bit of both, like would jeans be acceptable?

Thanks!

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.93k 8 months ago
69 113.93k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.32k -
0 1.32k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.62k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.62k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.8k 8 months ago
266 594.8k 8 months ago by KL17
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.11k 1 year ago
162 634.11k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.24k 1 year ago
93 408.24k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.34k 11 months ago
39 427.34k 11 months ago by Aaron