profile image
Flyboy001
BA medical assessment
profile image
simplesarahc
It's done by the BA doctor and as long as u have lenses or glasses that u can see through your fine x
profile image
BBBB
Hi, I'm having the same problem I can't find the option to book my medical. How did you eventually resolve this issue if you don't mind me asking? Thanks
profile image
Haroon
Im underweight by at least 3 stones for my height 5'8 will this affect the medical ?
profile image
BBBB
I spoke to BA and they said its too early for me to book the medical as my start date is not until September. I'll have the medical booking option nearer the time.
profile image
Haroon
Hey Im in same situation as I may have hypothyroid but I have done my research today spoke to a medical doctor (useless)

UK AltMOC5 MED.C.025
Metabolic and endocrine systems

(a) Cabin crew members should not possess any functional or structural metabolic, nutritional or endocrine disorder which is likely to interfere with the safe exercise of their duties and responsibilities.

("b) Cabin crew members with metabolic, nutritional or endocrine dysfunction may be assessed as fit, subject to demonstrated stability of the condition and satisfactory aero-medical evaluation."
profile image
Karen G
Hi

I have my Medical coming up and just wondered do I need to get a letter from my doctor re my diabetes and any other related medication.

Best wishes

Karen
profile image
Haroon
Hi Karen checked it out for you. you will need to bring something showing the prescribed medication a letter would be ideal from the doctors letter headed signed and dated explaining the symptoma and prescribed medication.
profile image
adam turville
Hello, does anyone know what the dress code for the medical is? Thanks :)
profile image
Karen G
Thanks Haroon

Really appreciate your help

Best wishes

Karen
profile image
Debbie1971
Hi,

I have a under active thyroid and take medication daily for 15 years but it does not affect my life. I wasn't worried about this until I read a few comments. Is this something I should worry about or am I just worrying about nothing

Thank you

Debbie

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.94k 8 months ago
69 113.94k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.38k -
0 1.38k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.65k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.65k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.44k 1 year ago
93 408.44k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Regional Airline Operators For those who are operating regional services
10  67.47k 4 years ago
10 67.47k 4 years ago by user16937
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.63k 1 year ago
31 372.63k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.31k 1 year ago
162 634.31k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle