profile image
Flyboy001
BA medical assessment
profile image
user16937
Hey Guys+

I have a medical assessment in February and was wondering if anyone knows if BA are quite strict on Scoliosis? I have a very mild curvature of the spine which dosnt limit me in anyway. I am extremely fit and healthy! And have no limitations in terms of movement and strength. I know many airlines such as Qatar and middle East are quite strict but can't find anything on here about BA's views? Any help would be great! Thanks!
profile image
Motivated2018
Hi guys,
Im trying shed light on my situation although I have researched on the CAA website on this and understand if control/maintenance established a member is fit.

I am and have been an insulin dependant diabetic since birth 29years now initially made Diabetic type 1 having my pancreas removed resulting with a normal as possible lifestyle. This was the only option so have been self managing since 16 where Epilepsy with seizures while sleep was also in play. Both of the conditions have been self controlled/maintained with medication aswell as life/health balance.

So to narrow down I have no longer got Epilepsy as I have been fitfree since 2004 and medication2008. Have been well ever since where established Epilepsy gone. Diabetes still a condition with no recent or lengthy problems requiring any hospitalisation or serious concerns. I have foot ulcers which also like the diabetes is managed to ensure comfort/prevention of hard skin with foam. None of the current or previous conditions have side effects or difficulty of understanding,operating ,following instructions as cabin crew.

Also is A passport required for the first assessment date,as I have mine on 8th Jan and needed to know although the CAA website states not as you can use a birth certificate and confirm afdress? Is this so as I need to apply for a passport which if no issue after assessment date but before next stage of application.

Anyone who knows and can advise on above could enlighen the situation please......
profile image
Malaga123
Hi,

Does anyone know if you need an EASA medical certificate? or do BA provide this?

Thanks
profile image
kungfu28
Hello dollies, hope you all having a fantastic training or flying at your current airline

I’d like to recommend you a personalised passport case that I’ve been using (I turn it into a mini purse when I’m down route as I have all important docs with me and don’t want to leave them in hotel room)

The website I ordered from is www.guguonlinestore.com
And I followed them on IG: personalisedpassportcover

Hope this helps for the newbies. Happy flying! ??
profile image
david03189
Unlikely but go with a letter from your GP regarding the situation. I’ve been asked to supply the same and also produce medical records from over a decade ago regarding my treatment. He explained that it is an EASA requirement but didn’t foresee any problems.
profile image
david03189
Just take your glasses with you. Nothing to worry about. The eyesight test is run of the mill stuff.
profile image
Bunty33
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if the following medication for the treatment of type 2 diabetes is acceptable for the cabin crew medical assessment:

Metformin
Gliclazide
Ramipril
Simvastatin

Also, what does the hearing test involve? Is the same as the pilots, an audiogram? Or just a whisper test with your back turned away?

Many thanks for your feedback on this.

Bunty
profile image
Sophiebailey94
Hey buntty,

On the hearing test I had mine end of January and it was just a whisper test with your back turned away
profile image
Bunty33
Thanks for your reply Sophie.

Could you give me a bit more detail on the hearing test?

Do you have to cover one ear at a time? And cover your ear by pressing on the tragus? Or just listen with both ears?

Do they say words or a combination of letters and numbers like K-2-B?

This is a mad question, but how quiet was their voice can you liken it to anything?

As you can tell I am worried about this part of the test!

Many thanks for your advice.

Bunty
profile image
Caitlinleggett77
Does anyone know what the dress code is for the medical/uniform fitting?

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.93k 8 months ago
69 113.93k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.32k -
0 1.32k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.62k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.62k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.79k 8 months ago
266 594.79k 8 months ago by KL17
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.51k 1 year ago
31 372.51k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.68k 2 years ago
27 193.68k 2 years ago by juankax
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.51k 10 months ago
64 248.51k 10 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe