profile image
magicwater
Any Offer to be made status of QR Applicant?
profile image
magicwater
Hello everyone

I know that Qatar Airways coming back to recruit cabin crew is great news for everyone, also me And congratulation to Qatar Airways for new awards, They are such a leader of Aviation industry.

I wonder if anyone here has Offer to be made status same as mine? Like, already passed the final interview, but never do medical check.

I heard that some of the applicants already received rejection email because of this pandemic. But my friends and I never receive rejection email, And the status is still active and still be " Offer to be made".

So I wonder if anyone here has news about this. Or I truly need to reapply as a fresher again.

Thanks in advance Hope you guys have good news soon.
profile image
Samsalazar
My friends and I are exactly in the same situation.

Our next stage was also medical. But then the pandemic started and we got the email from recruitment about how they can't continue our onboarding at the moment because of the pandemic. Since then our application has been on "offer to be made".

I heard there were others who had their applications on offer to be made for over a year and then got reject email a couple of months back. We haven't got such a mail thankfully.

So when Qatar finally posted the vacancies I wasn't sure how to feel. Whether to be excited or scared. I tried my best to find out what it means for us. But I haven't been able to find anything so far. Someone I know in management told me it's pretty much impossible to get information out of the recruitment team. They are very tight lipped about these things apparently.

I really hope they call those of us with offer to be made status before taking new recruits though. If any of you have any updates please do keep us posted.
profile image
Samsalazar
Our next stage was also medical. But then the pandemic started and we got the email from recruitment about how they can't continue our onboarding at the moment because of the pandemic. Since then our application has been on "offer to be made".

I heard there were others who had their applications on offer to be made for over a year and then got reject email a couple of months back. We haven't got such a mail thankfully.

So when Qatar finally posted the vacancies I wasn't sure how to feel. Whether to be excited or scared. I tried my best to find out what it means for us. But I haven't been able to find anything so far. Someone I know in management told me it's pretty much impossible to get information out of the recruitment team. They are very tight lipped about these things apparently.

I really hope they call those of us with offer to be made status before taking new recruits though. If any of you have any updates please do keep us posted.
profile image
Don'tLoseHope
May I ask when was your OD?
I did mine in Feb 2020 and got through all the stages, got the photo received email, and I did upload my yellow fever card and blood type verification.
Then We got the email about pausing the process, right?

But since then I could NOT log in to my application anymore because QR has changed their website to 'taleo' (which is of course there's no my information there, since when I passed, everything was uploaded to"sniperhire")
how did you guys log in there?

Is there anyway we could ask about our onboarding ?
What we went through is becoming nothing?
profile image
heytherepeeps21
I even already had my Date of Join which was 13th March 2020, and D-4 before my departure to Doha the coordinator called me and POSTPONED everything. I also got the email in March 2020 where they said they couldn't processed all candidacy etcetcetc and will be contacted for further notice.
I know some got the email for reapply this year BUT I DIDN'T. I tried to email my coordinator BUT IT'S JUST HOPELESS. SHE NEVER REPLIED.
I can't logged in to taleo and it seems my old email that I used in on boarding zone was not registered there. So I made a new account and applied to their new cabin crew recruitment and my job status is still External CCA - CC New Applicant
So yeah, clean slate, START FROM THE BEGINNING AGAIN

*) and keep in mind that I had also spent around 1400 USD for all my medicals, vaccines, travel costs/accomodations to open day (which wasn't on my city), etcetcetc for them :)
profile image
Samsalazar
our interview was in the first week of March.

Yes the company did change the career site from snaphire to taleo. And we lost our access to the advanced candidate zone and the things we uploaded there when the happened.

Try logging in at the applicant login section with your old email Id that you used to upload things to advanced candidate zone. Just give forget password and you should be able to change it and access your old account and it should show "offer to be made" for your earlier application.

Let's stay positive and hope they will call all of us on hold before taking any new recruits.
profile image
Don'tLoseHope
I swear I tried that countless times...
I I tried both of the "forgot password" and "forgot username", but nothing reached my email box (of course I checked spam as well but nothing there).

What I saw some people wrote on FB is that QR has lost the previous data of selected candidates before the pandemic, but hey...they were looking for people, they went around the world to recruit many of us and yet they know they are going to do the recruitment again and again in the future, so how come they will just "oh it's okay we change the website even if all the data of selected candidates will be gone"...I mean that doesn't make sense at all...
Even if it happened to be in that way, our data disappeared, but wait...what about the 6-page application form we filled in the night before the final interview and also the records the recruiter wrote and typed in during the final interview...?
I don't think they are going to throw allllllll that amount of paperwork, records and file away.
Wasting all the time and effort of both Qatar Airways' side and the selected candidates' side? There is no point of doing that.
Because again, it doesn't make any sense. I can't find the reason for that.
Since they will recruit people again and they can just bring all of that files out and contact us because just one word from them we go. Not like the freshers who have to start the whole process from zero. Both sides know how long it's going to take...
They seem to need lots of crew at the moment, they even called the people who did NOT apply for rejoin, what surprised me is that they also called people they terminated too....

Isn't it faster and a more productive way for them? I don't understand why they are doing the interview with the freshers and ignoring all the people that they can just contact. Also priority should work like that, everyone knows and it doesn't need a thinking, this is obvious.

One more thing is that, why they don't give us an answer and make it clear?
We were left hanging and still are, but they don't email or contact us to say anything whether they cancel everything or not. If they do then we know and can move on and plan for what's coming. They stated in the email too that they would keep us updated, but nothing and then the job opening? oh... I couldn't say a word when I found out about that.

I tried sending email, but no reply so far...
I hope they will make this clear for us.
profile image
Don'tLoseHope
profile image
Samsalazar
After a long period of waiting to know what will happen of us "offer to be made" candidates, i finally have some good news guys. I got a call from Qatar. So did a few of my other batch mates.

They wanted to know if we were interested to take forward our application. It was not a n employment confirmation call. but a call to see if we are still interested to continue with our application. They said they will contact us in another 3-4 weeks for proceeding further.
profile image
KENNEDY ZAGS
That's indeed a great news coming QR. I have the same status and have been wondering why we were left without information. We were informed about being put on hold after that no assurance. I pray every selected candidate will be given the opportunity. Keep us updated on any developments. Thanks

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.23k 2 years ago
4 2.23k 2 years ago by david kane
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  7.57k 1 year ago
8 7.57k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.9k 1 month ago
8 2.9k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.03k 1 month ago
6 1.03k 1 month ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates HR contact email addr...
29  43.01k 1 month ago
29 43.01k 1 month ago by Jovitamaketa280

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.11k 1 year ago
162 634.11k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.68k 2 years ago
27 193.68k 2 years ago by juankax
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.25k 1 year ago
93 408.25k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.81k 8 months ago
266 594.81k 8 months ago by KL17