profile image
bellamafia
5 year references
profile image
bellamafia
Hi
For those who passed the application stage, when it came to your last 5 years of references, did BA ask you to re-submit your previous employers or did they simply take from your online application? Reason I am asking is because I am an older applicant with therefore a fair few more jobs and cannot remember the exact dates I started or left. So wondering how meticulous BA would be if I put a date down to then see that it was slightly incorrect.

Thanks for the help.
profile image
prism
Originally posted by @bellamafia
Hi
For those who passed the application stage, when it came to your last 5 years of references, did BA ask you to re-submit your previous employers or did they simply take from your online application? Reason I am asking is because I am an older applicant with therefore a fair few more jobs and cannot remember the exact dates I started or left. So wondering how meticulous BA would be if I put a date down to then see that it was slightly incorrect.

Thanks for the help.

It has to be accurate as if successful it will be used to also gain a criminal record check on you as without this an airport pass can not be issued. Your tax office will be able to help you with dates.
profile image
bellamafia
Thanks. And regarding education, do BA require certificates of high school o levels (GCSE)? I definitely cannot find these but my degree certificate I have.
profile image
user16937
Hi,

BA have asked me to fill in my 5 year references details online, and i have a few questions...

1) I was at university for 3 years, so is that sufficient to cover that 3 years, or should I also write the jobs I had in the xmas/easter/summer holidays?

2) There was 1 summer holiday that I was not working - should I count this as a period of over 14 days that I need a personal reference for, or is it okay because it is inclusive of the time I was at university?

3) I'm really struggling to remember the exact days I started and ended jobs, especially when I went back to a job just for uni holidays, then stopped whilst I returned to uni etc, how important is it to get the exact dates? I had an airside pass for gatwick before, i used to work in a shop there, and they never asked for the exact dates, so just wondered?

Thank you so much,
sophie x
profile image
prism
Originally posted by @sophs0503
Hi,

BA have asked me to fill in my 5 year references details online, and i have a few questions...

1) I was at university for 3 years, so is that sufficient to cover that 3 years, or should I also write the jobs I had in the xmas/easter/summer holidays?

2) There was 1 summer holiday that I was not working - should I count this as a period of over 14 days that I need a personal reference for, or is it okay because it is inclusive of the time I was at university?

3) I'm really struggling to remember the exact days I started and ended jobs, especially when I went back to a job just for uni holidays, then stopped whilst I returned to uni etc, how important is it to get the exact dates? I had an airside pass for gatwick before, i used to work in a shop there, and they never asked for the exact dates, so just wondered?

Thank you so much,
sophie x

The 5 year reference is a requirement in order to gain an airside pass. Without a pass and a criminal record clearance you can not fly.

During your 3 years at Uni your college will be able to provide that reference for the 3 years and before that your Sixth Form School will be able to provide a reference. For good measure I would add a referee who has known you for the last 5 years eg a neighbour.
profile image
MissKc
Hi there,

Regarding the references, do BA actually contact the employers? Most of my working experience was in foreign countries so most of my employers don't speak English.

Also, one of the jobs that I had was in the UK and I have lost contact with my ex-manager. Can I give a reference of my work colleague who used to work with me?

Thanks in advance :)
profile image
sweetzombie
Can I ask does BA cross reference the exact dates with HMRC?
profile image
prism
Originally posted by @sweetzombie
Can I ask does BA cross reference the exact dates with HMRC?

It is for your criminal record check in addition to the company. If you don't pass your criminl record check then you can not be issued with an airline ID so then you couldn'f fly.
profile image
sweetzombie
Originally posted by @prism

It is for your criminal record check in addition to the company. If you don't pass your criminl record check then you can not be issued with an airline ID so then you couldn'f fly.

Okay so just to be clear they cross reference everything with the HMRC including any benefits claimed for the past 5 years?
profile image
prism
No it has nothing to do with HMRC. You give your dates and this is checked by Disclosure Scotland who complete your criminal record check against what is held on any data bases such as the police data base.

HMRC can provide you with your employment dates but nothing to do with the checks themselves.

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.94k 8 months ago
69 113.94k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.37k -
0 1.37k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.65k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.65k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.06k 9 months ago
266 595.06k 9 months ago by KL17
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.47k 1 year ago
39 427.47k 1 year ago by Aaron
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.41k 1 year ago
93 408.41k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.62k 1 year ago
31 372.62k 1 year ago by Charles Carter