profile image
Sara El Gadi
2018 recruitment?
profile image
kuba.mlady
Uuuuh that is one of my favourite airline! I think you have to speak an Asian language to be able to apply for Cathay Pacific. For the Qantas video interview I didn’t practice and went right on! It was alright only a bit silly to talk to myself! Aaaheheh was a bit jet lagged so didn’t really think about it and it went well I feel..... Heheheh
profile image
Jeanette2694
I'm sure that went well for you you better get some rest then...
Me too its one of my favourite airline since I was little ..Well I'm 100% asian I'm glad I could speak another language ... Its a shame that there are no post relating to Cathay pacific recruitment this year ...
profile image
Jeanette2694
Has anyone applied for Cathay Pacific at London Base?
profile image
FAbulous
I just completed my video interview for Qantas! It is so hard to tell whether I did well or not, eeeek!!

Good luck everyone!
profile image
empik86
Hi guys!

Still waiting to hear from my application

Just thought I'd let you all know I've done some hirevue interviews in the past and they are totally fine! If I remember correctly you get practice questions , with one video interview I did I'm not sure if it was hirevue you could rewatch your answer and if you were not happy you could re-record it. I don't know if the Qantas video interview will allow this - but honestly all the video interviews I've done were fine, just be yourself
profile image
layna wilson
I got the email instructing me to take part in the video interview but I can’t do it, far too distracting looking at yourself and having a timer ticking down on the screen. Feel so sad this is how they recruit such a silly way of doing an interview honestly!

Good luck to everyone though!!!
profile image
empik86
I actually preferred it, I've done Skype video interviews where you can actually see the recruiter and found this to be worse, I found with hirevue you had time to think and be yourself. please don't let it put you off and just try your best honestly it's not as bad as you think :-) just make sure to prepare before you start so you know roughly what to answer.
you've done so well to get this far you should give it go!
profile image
Critch
I agree you have done really well to get a video interview don’t give up on the first hurdle.. when answering the questions keep eye contact with the camera. This way you don’t really notice yourself on the screen. They understand people will be nervous and am sure they made adjustments for this.

Just be yourself and let your personality shine through.. I promise you..once you complete it you will realise there isn’t anything to it..

My motto is.. if it’s meant to be it’s meant to be x

Keep me posted on how you get on
profile image
layna wilson
Aww thanks guys for your kind words, but I’ve decided to leave it. I literally can’t do it, every practise I freak out it’s far too unnatural for me. So silly when the role of being cabin crew is about interacting with people!!

Good luck everyone, wish I was more like you all.
profile image
Jeanette2694
I've done my video interview yesterday...I was soo nervous at first but then I felt relieved after reading the questions as it was related to my customer service experience Hoping to hear from them soon

Goodluck to everyone

Other discussions going on within Qantas UK Forum

How Get Travel Details Qantas...
1  6.06k 4 years ago
1 6.06k 4 years ago by corecovery
Qantas assessment day February
4  6.41k 4 years ago
4 6.41k 4 years ago by PAULINA CZUBIN
Qantas training accommodation...
2  6.79k 1 year ago
2 6.79k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Qantas Training - March 2020
1  5.8k 4 years ago
1 5.8k 4 years ago by jenny873lakdj
Start date 11/04/22 Hey 👋 anyone else due to start this day for busin...
9  2.16k 1 year ago
9 2.16k 1 year ago by Nabena

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.81k 8 months ago
266 594.81k 8 months ago by KL17
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.12k 1 year ago
162 634.12k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.25k 1 year ago
93 408.25k 1 year ago by David_Hume