- Etihad status after Digital interview
- Etihad AD registration
- Emirate/Etihad last Update
- Rejoining Qatar Airways for EX QR Crew
- Emirates Recruitment Process
- United Airlines @ LHR
- Emirates application
- Emirates Video interview

Would you be successful in landing the plane?

Author
  Topic Started By:  Hans222    On:  Sat 10th December, 2016 at 15:38
Hans222
Belgium
#2  Would you be successful in landing the plane?  Posted 10/12/2016 at 15:38
The test was actually done by the Baltic Aviation Academy, and published on youtube: a flight attendant takes the controls tries to land the Airbus A320.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7WMQUDGDD4&t=4s

She is successful, though at the end of the video it is explained she needed 5 attempts.
Would you be eager to try this and in a real-life situation, would you be able to keep your calm?
I've had the opportunity a few years back, but this was in the relaxed atmosphere of an open door - not an emergency. On this occasion it worked out well.
         Jump to Top
cabincrewconsultant
#3  Re: Would you be successful in landing the plane?  Posted 11/12/2016 at 08:19
In reply to post #2...
I wouldn't be eager to do it, that's for sure! I would also hope that I still had a co-pilot and ATC to help me out, without them too you would be in a pretty dire situation. The pressure would be huge, but I think as crew we are trained to remain calm in emergencies, therefore, i think we would be somewhat focused on the task in hand. I did try out a 737 simulator once and landed twice, but I don't think I would want to do it in an emergency situation...
Cabin Crew Consultant - www.cabincrewconsultant.weebly.com
         Jump to Top
Hans222
Belgium
#4  Re: Would you be successful in landing the plane?  Posted 11/12/2016 at 17:44
In reply to post #3...
Oh yes indeed, with the help of ATC to give me altitudes and radar vectors I'd probably come very close to a safe landing. But without radio contact the only thing I'd be able to try was to reach the closest coast line and fly along the coast looking for airports. As a VFR pilot I may have a chance to find one, join the circuit and hope for the best as I come in behind that glider
         Jump to Top