profile image
olek1995
Wizz Air Cabin Crew Training?
profile image
olek1995
Hey so im completely new here and been wanting to be a cabin crew member for a looong time.

I went to the cabin crew recruitment day for Wizz Air back in July and absolutely bossed it, they asked me what routes etc I would be willing to do even, and told me that I will be receiving an email about the training. I was super happy that day.

However, Its been 3 months now and I haven't heard from them since. I have contacted them so they could at least give me an insight of when it could be straight but I've gotten no reply. Im starting to get kinda worried and beginning to look for alternative jobs and slowly giving up on them.

Has any of you got similar experiences or also been having to wait a long time to begin the cabin crew training?
Should I be waiting longer and expecting a reply or I should I start looking for another job?
profile image
samweiss
If you're on standby then I've heard of people getting invitations after 5 months, although for majority it is much less. It all depends on when they're organising courses etc. but right now they're recrutiing a lot of people and a lot of courses are starting soon so it's possible you'll hear from them soon!
profile image
aank
Hello,
Can you please tell me if I have any chance at the interview if I am 1.63 m in hight?Their requirement is 1.65. I am an ex EY cabin crew.
profile image
samweiss
There is a chance as Wizz is currently hiring A LOT of people, considering how many planes we're getting in the near future so the requirements aren't followed that strictly and if you have previous airline experience (esp. EY!), you're pretty much guaranteed a job! And honestly, I don't think they did a reach test during my open day so I don't think they care that much
profile image
aank
Originally posted by @samweiss
There is a chance as Wizz is currently hiring A LOT of people, considering how many planes we're getting in the near future so the requirements aren't followed that strictly and if you have previous airline experience (esp. EY!), you're pretty much guaranteed a job! And honestly, I don't think they did a reach test during my open day so I don't think they care that much

Thanks for the reply. I am just asking because you need to fill some forms before being hired I suppose and if they ask what is your hight you cannot lie. In the passport the hight is written as well.
profile image
samweiss
You do have to fill out forms and don't lie of course, but they're so in need of crew right now, I don't think it'll matter
profile image
albatross
Hi,

....I remember very well that a few years ago wizz didn´t have a height limit so everybody could apply.

What about the languages - I´m fluent in English and I have learned German in high school for 4 years but I saw on the job advertisement that wizz requires additional CEE language knowledge - either Romanian, Bulgarian, Polish, Hungarian, Lithuanian, Latvian, Slovak, Czech, Macedonian, Serbian, Ukrainian, Georgian, or Bosnian - is it enough to have just a basic knowledge of one of these languages. Do they check this?

for example - Do you have any chance if you apply for a budapest base and you don´t speak hungarian?

Thank you sooooo much
profile image
albatross
... or the London Luton base - is it OK if you speak only english?
Thanks again
profile image
samweiss
For Luton - only English is required but if you want to work in any other base you need to be pretty fluent - most pax are people from these countries so they do require you to speak the local language (although there are a few exceptions but they were made a looong time ago and I don't think they accept people like this anymore)
profile image
ENIK
Hi, I have been offered standby position for Luton base just week ago :) Its for six months, but they said the first training starts 1/2. Not sure if they still can call me for this training. Any experiences to be on standby? Is there a chance they not gonna call me at all during the 6 months?

Other discussions going on within Wannabe Cabin Crew

How Hard is it to Regularly Se... So, I'm wanting to be a flight attendant. One thin...
0  80 -
0 80 -
Cabin crew Hello im 20 years old . i want be a cabin crew but...
3  386 1 year ago
3 386 1 year ago by Sarah McMillan
Wizzair training in Lviv, 13.0... Hi guys,Is there anybody here who is participating...
0  657 -
0 657 -
Tattoo Cover Up
4  1.39k 6 years ago
4 1.39k 6 years ago by PL1994
5 6.22k 1 year ago by Sarah McMillan

Other topics for Cabin Crew

Current Cabin Crew Jobs For all announcements relating to cabin crew jobs
126  958.66k 1 month ago
126 958.66k 1 month ago by Emad Omda
Experienced Cabin Crew For the Veterans!
57  183.34k 7 months ago
57 183.34k 7 months ago by annaliona
Interviews Tell us your experiences!
71  986.35k 4 months ago
71 986.35k 4 months ago by Rachid Anssari
Middle eastern airlines Any query related to middle eastern airlines would...
2  391 -
2 391 -
Cabin Crew Travel Insurance Going The Extra Mile!
3  27.44k 1 year ago
3 27.44k 1 year ago by Tommie Marshall