profile image
user16937
What was wrong with recruiter
profile image
user16937
There was this recruiter she was commenting on some applicants. More than recruiter she behaved if she was doing football match Commentary...
we were all standing to drop CV so one by one all applicants went to drop cv, initially i thought she is talking to applicants but when i got near i heard her she was commenting on people like there was this girl she walked so this recruiter was wow you are pretty. than this other girl walked she was like OK fine. ( she was clearly rude) than this other girl walked and she was like you are perfect, this guy walked she was you are handsome was this real ???
how can she behave like this ? She also said you cannot ask me anything if we dont proceed with your application. we have set rules. OK fine you have set rules but why make personal remarks ( you are pretty , your are tall, your are handsome,) who does that ???
profile image
Kwoo
Because thats what Middle Eastern Airlines do, its all about the look. They can and will do this. Anyone who's applied for them and is shocked by it...clearly hasn't done research.
profile image
Shade4
Not all of them are like that. Our recruiter was great and the atmosphere was relaxed. She was normal and didn't judge anyone. She picked 8 of us and I must say other girls were prettier than me so it's not all about looks.
profile image
Pennyfly
I have never met a recruiter like that. Maybe she meant the compliments as a way to relax people? It's definitely not all about looks anymore and that's for sure. It depends if the recruiter likes you or not through your attitude and communication on the day.
profile image
CABINCREWES
For example Emirates doesn’t recruit based on your beautiness but your attitude that day?
profile image
Pennyfly
Obviously how well groomed you are definitely stands to you, if you show up looking like a slob showing no effort involved in your prep you most likely will not be hired as presentation is key to a company like Emirates. The assessments they do show your ability to communicate and work as part of a team, if it was based on how beautiful you are they would make you walk up and down all day instead of the assessments. They wouldn't waste their time doing those assessments of it was just based purely on beauty.
profile image
waffles
I have experienced some idiot/ignorant/unprofessional recruiters and some very nice/aamazing ones. SADLY not all the recruiter are professional.

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.1k 2 months ago
6 1.1k 2 months ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  8.17k 1 year ago
8 8.17k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.9k 1 month ago
8 2.9k 1 month ago by anniesteuber

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.08k 9 months ago
266 595.08k 9 months ago by KL17
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.62k 1 year ago
31 372.62k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.42k 1 year ago
93 408.42k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.29k 1 year ago
162 634.29k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle