Post a reply
Add a new Topic
Search the Forums
Search
Latest Posts
- VIRGIN ARE RECRUITING
- Referencing started
- Emirates final interview Novrmber 2014
- need any advice on tcx AD or anything??
- Returning Cabin Crew Member
- 29 - one week from 30! Still got a chance at EK???
- OSM aviation - Norwegian
- Virgin Atlantic - Manchester Cabin Crew Fixed Term
- EK vs. European LCC dilemma
- Anyone recently successful at ETIHAD AD ?

What does Emirates want?

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  Faith1    On:  Sun 20th January, 2008 at 09:57
Faith1
Sweden
#1  What does Emirates want?  Posted 20/01/2008 at 09:57

Hi Everyone!

Havent written anything for ages but I have a look now and again. Yesterday I went to an Open-day in Stockholm. I am soooooo confused! After having attended another open day a year ago I thought I try out again. That time I didnt say much and thought that was the reason I was eliminated . So this time around I took on a different approach. I talked ! But again I was eliminated. I got to talk to 2 other girl. Really friendly ! The funny thing was they both got on to the next stage, english test. They both didnt talked at all during the group discussion.

IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE

Am I simply to old? I am 32 years old an have about 10 years in Hotel and Hospitality. I was told by Emirates that you can apply until your 35.

One of the recruiters said that some girls have applied 5-6 times and then finally been selected!

Would be grateful for any response!

seems like everyone else is getting picked on this Site except me

Feeling low

Faith 1

P.S What happend to Mr Kalhodouin something ??? He was posting lots of things then suddenly dissapeard ??
         Jump to Top
mahm
#2  Re: What does Emirates want?  Posted 20/01/2008 at 16:00

Hey,
First of all you need to take a deep breath.
Emirates have proved that they have a very very Unique way of selecting applicants to join their fantastic ever growing Cabin Crew team.
Obviously the recruiters have a strict criteria and need to pick a select number of people, not just picking randomly.
It may seem unfair if you've been "neglected" a few times, its life, actually its Emirates! Yes you're right, it can even take 4-5  times to get through. You have to keep trying...dont give up.
This may be obvious but do you meet the following criteria, and be honest, not "...hmm, maybe I do, I dont know. You have to be YES!YES!YES"
  • Minimum age 21 years at the time of application.

• Minimum arm reach of 212 cms (on tip toes), which will enable you to reach emergency equipment on all aircraft types.

• Educated to at least high school standard.

• Medically fit to meet aircrew requirements.

• Fluent in written and spoken English (fluency in another language is an asset).

• Previous experience in the service/hospitality industry is an advantage.

• Finally, you will be the sort of person who has the natural ability to provide excellent service within a team environment.  
Read over the Emirates website a few times.

If so be it, there is a new special and specific book coming out targeting wanabees for Emirates. I know people on here say books are useless, etc but if you want you can try.
How to Become Emirates Cabin Crew: An Aspiring Flight Attendant's Must Have Guide to Acing the Interview It is out on 30 Jan. http://cepublishing.org/emiratestoc.html

Also see my earlier post entitled "Emirates CC Blogs and Videos" or PM a current crew for tips.

Hope it helps

Edited 20/01/2008 @ 16:02 Revision #1
Grab it with both hands...
         Jump to Top
emfdonohoe
Groupie
#3  Re: What does Emirates want?  Posted 20/01/2008 at 21:59
tbh...when they say they take applicatns up to 35yrs it is only in exceptional cases ( and im not implying that u would not make a great ek crew member). the generally accepted upper age limit for applying is 30 yrs. I cant remember if you can ask for feedback.....but if you can ask for it and see what you can improva upon. also look at all the criteria and see do you meet or exceed every single one of them hope that helps
         Jump to Top
blue skye2
#4  Re: What does Emirates want?  Posted 26/01/2008 at 09:46
are they looks orientated? im not ugly or anything but do they only pick you if you look like a model? im not exactly a model type. the only reason im asking is for later on when i start applying for these companies in nov i need to find the best company to work for.
         Jump to Top
Martitah
Poland
#5  Re: What does Emirates want?  Posted 06/02/2008 at 22:35
Hey there :) It's hard to say what they are looking for. I had a personal feeling that they mostly go for blond girls ... But they have ppl from all over the world so it shouldn't be the matter.
I tried my luck last year in Warsaw when they had an open day. I noticed that they do pick quite many people. Few guys were kicked out from Etihad Assessment but they do work for Emirates at the moment :) I keep in touch with one person and he told me that they are looking for like 1500 people.

Just received my Liverpool Assessment invitation ... really excited but scared at the same time.
Fingers crossed for everyone XX
         Jump to Top
saudade
Groupie
Poland
#6  Re: What does Emirates want?  Posted 10/06/2008 at 09:24
Hi Martitah! Nice to see someone from Poland here ;) Last saturday I was at the Emirates open day, it was really nice but after first stage only 4 person was accepted. I'm not sure if they pick up anyone from that group to work with them. The criteria are really strange - ppl who get throug were totally different from one another, and they eliminated many good ppl too...

So now i'm attending for the Etihad interview in a month :) Fingers crossed for me please !
Edited 10/06/2008 @ 09:25 Revision #1
natansalda@hotmail.com
         Jump to Top
GALLEY_SCALLY
United Kingdom
#7  Re: What does Emirates want?  Posted 13/06/2008 at 15:23
Hey guys... Went to an open day and did not make it through to assessment. God knows why, but oh well. I have a dilemma. I sent off application back in April and got the standard auto response... The problem is that since the appliation there have been 2 assessment days in London and I wasn't invited for either of them. People say your invited depending on the area they are in and where I am. I mean i am around 120 miles from London so would they not consider inviting me because of this? I live near Birmingham but EK dont seem to have assessments in BHX. Is there any way I can contact someone in regards to the London Assessment days? There is one on July 1st, I want to know if i meet the requirements if I could attend... Anyone with any knowledge please respond.  
... Scally Crew ...
         Jump to Top
kishey
Philippines
#8  Re: What does Emirates want?  Posted 17/02/2010 at 08:54
hi i do have some pimple marks on my face, do i still have a chance?
         Jump to Top
indeo
Groupie
#9  Re: What does Emirates want?  Posted 17/02/2010 at 17:29
Appearance is important at Emirates. In fact its probably a lot more important than it should be. I think for most parts of the world (particularly the western world) thats a difficult concept to get your head around because here they would NEVER be allowed to reject an applicant based on their appearance. But theres a saying in the middle east that the only right you have is the opposite to your left.

You dont need to look like Megan Fox but you need great teeth, great skin (you do have to wear makeup though so its not like they're expecting bare faced beauty! most imperfections can be covered up), great posture and smile smile smile smile smile smile.
         Jump to Top
blackcherry81
United Arab Emirates
#10  Re: What does Emirates want?  Posted 23/02/2010 at 13:24

Originally posted by kishey

hi i do have some pimple marks on my face, do i still have a chance?

Appearance is very important for us crew in uniform. as 'WE' makes most of
the company 'sales'. But it doesn't mean if 1 does not have perfect
skin, teeth, complexion, size..etc., won't get selected. Some crew that i met onboard
didn't have nice-looking great teeth, great complexion nor slimmed. (I
have a chipped front tooth by the wayEmbarrassed) It's the overall package that counts and matters most.

Just imagine someone has a pretty face and perfect set of teeth, but his or her personality sucksOuch.. Do u think a/the company would take-in such person? Or would they rather take-in someone that is not-so-perfect but posses great interest and has pleasant disposition? 

I say, if you dont have great teeth, complexion, body-type, perfect
smile..etc., so what? 'Cover' them up by showing those interviewers ur
perseverance, how motivated u are and outshine ur personality. Show
them how much and how sincere u want this job. And with some make-up on
and a concealer to cover ur pimple/s, i say GO FOR IT!Clap Believe me, if the interviewer sees 'something' in u, u'll get the job. I do not believe
there are ugly people in this world, only lazy ones!Confused

Last but not least, of course you stand a chance if you fit all EK's basic minimum requirements!Wink Good luck dear!!
Edited 23/02/2010 @ 13:33 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
Next >