Search the Forums
Search
Latest Posts
- Needed - room near to Gatwick
- Emirates Recruitment Events 2020
- Assessment day Glasgow 15th of December
- Assessments, interviews & start dates
- New Recruitment Open 2019
- Awaiting Candidate Documents (Qatar Airways)
- EasyJet Staff travel
- Qantas medical
- Aer Lingus Cabin Crew 2019
- BA Training Mixed fleet accomodation - Heathrow

WARNINGS about working for Ryanair

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  JamesHarden    On:  Fri 15th June, 2012 at 13:55
Essexflyboi91
United Kingdom
#21  Re: WARNINGS about working for Ryanair  Posted 02/07/2012 at 01:53
In reply to post #19...
I started training at 17, then turned 18 whilst training then flo, I'm 20 in 2 months i will b 21, would u rather me put 2 yrs n 10months........ I'm Soooo sorry lol . ask a European number one at emerates wht she thinks of Ryanair crew, ask the wizz air ones too, bet u would be Suprized by the answer........ At the end of the day I have friend at BA and virgin and they earn the same as a Ryanair on probation, then after one year you can earn 40 percent more... The problem is yes we work long and hard, but I always know my jobs safe Ryanair is 7th biggest pax carrier in the world way ahead of any British airline.... All these rumours I hear are soo silly, and the people who wrote them, Ex crew who can't hack the job, and those who couldn't hack it, I love my job and am sick of these rumours.... If u wana know the truth then ask a ccm about it, y would I lie? Also if I found one person in the world who didn't complain about there job then there would b something extremely wrong... No?
Edited 02/07/2012 @ 02:23 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
Essexflyboi91
United Kingdom
#22  Re: WARNINGS about working for Ryanair  Posted 02/07/2012 at 01:56
In reply to post #20...
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/05/03/bmibaby-set-to-close-jobs_n_1475026.html. Read all about bmi baby goin bust......
         Jump to Top
bulletbahrain
United Kingdom
#23  Re: WARNINGS about working for Ryanair  Posted 02/07/2012 at 04:10
In reply to post #22...
No they have not the have been sold as part of the take over with BA.
         Jump to Top
Essexflyboi91
United Kingdom
#24  Re: WARNINGS about working for Ryanair  Posted 03/07/2012 at 00:15
In reply to post #23...
BA have no interest in bmi baby they plan to close before september...... have a read,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/9244311/BA-to-close-bmibaby-by-September-putting-800-jobs-at-risk.html#
         Jump to Top
bulletbahrain
United Kingdom
#25  Re: WARNINGS about working for Ryanair  Posted 03/07/2012 at 02:23
In reply to post #24...
If the plan to close then they have not gone bust have they?
         Jump to Top
Milliebond007
United Kingdom
#26  Re: WARNINGS about working for Ryanair  Posted 03/07/2012 at 21:52
My daughter has today resigned. Living in Essex with family is a bonus I admit. Living away from home with restricted hours standby days and even probable lay off in winter months or hours being cut DO not work financially. I am a professional person myself and have many years life experience so believe me I would not have encourage my daughter to undertake this move to Essex to pursue her dream job. She was told a transfer nearer to home would be possible. She put in 2 requests but no one had the courtesy to even acknowledge her request. Then she heard that this would be impossible as there was such a long waiting list.
So to sum up unless you are willing to work long hours some of which you won't be paid for. Be prepared to be laid off or have hours cut in the summer don't bother. Always go for an airline closest to where you live is my advice,
         Jump to Top
Lizzy086
Groupie
#27  Re: WARNINGS about working for Ryanair  Posted 04/07/2012 at 11:14
In reply to post #26...
I appreciate your advice but with the climate the way it is its so so difficult to get any airline job ( apparently there was 6000 applicants in one week for Virgin) so if Ryanair is the option to get your foot on the ladder I for one would be willing to go for it! However I realise that it would be difficult to do it on your own financially without help of parents for the first few years, but this is no different than starting off in any career or even college , everything costs nowadays
         Jump to Top
aircrewryan
Groupie
#28  Re: WARNINGS about working for Ryanair  Posted 07/07/2012 at 20:42
In reply to post #21...
Thanks for your reply...
Let us compare say Low - Cost airline like Ryanair...Easyjet and not BA or Virgin as they are long hall...On probation at Ryanair you are paid only when you fly Right...
Easyjet you are paid a basic pay plus flight time..Easyjet basic pay can be higher that Ryanair flight pay a month..Ryanair charge 3000 euro to train as cabin crew and Easyjet pay you when you train..This is true about both Low-Cost airlines..For that reason how do you expect viewers to this forum to believe what you are saying in your praise of Ryanair when it is clear Ryanair make so much money off Probation Cabin Crew....
You like many on this forum point out Ryanair is a good place to start a Cabin Crew career which is not true.Starting at Ryanair is very risky which is on all cabin crew forums...Yes people complain in all jobs but as for Low-Cost, Ryanair make the most profit from Crew and Recruit all year round...Why would this be the case,not as they are getting bigger and bigger,maybe it could have something to do with being fired in large numbers... Agency contracts are given out at Ryanair as Easyjet Cabin Crew contracts are in house..Great reason to Terminate agency contracts all paying 3000 euro that in house contracts which have no profit benefit to Easyjet..
         Jump to Top
aircrewryan
Groupie
#29  Re: WARNINGS about working for Ryanair  Posted 07/07/2012 at 20:47
In reply to post #27...
You have a point foot on the ladder but what if it is true that so many are sacked by Ryanair's agency ? I am sure other airlines would never employ you after Ryanair.
Food for thought i would say guys.....
         Jump to Top
thyson716
France
#30  Re: WARNINGS about working for Ryanair  Posted 08/07/2012 at 03:51
In reply to post #29...
hi guys
i used to be a ccm in stansted, it is true that in winter times can be rough, and low salary, however base supervisors offer cc the opportunity to work in an other base for a few weeks.
Id like to mention also that ryanair looks great on your Cv as i have now been offered a job with emirates, a lot of ryanair cabien crew go on other big companies.

If you know how to save your money , in summer on a crewlink contract you earn between 1200 and 1500 pounds after taxes. it all depends of your personal effort selling goods to pax and getting a good commission pay.
As in contract, all depends on your records, if your a hard worker, with no sick days you can hope to get a ryanair contract within a year.

And finaly, easy jet a better paid than ryanair crewlink contracts, however you forgot to mention a few things, on ryanair your work on new planes, you get one of the best training that can be All ccm will tell you that., you get a 3 years contract, witch you can change for a ryanair contract after a year of service. If i remember right, on easyjet you mainly get a 6 month contract. A cc on ryanair contract earns way more than an easyjet person, and earns more than a ba crew on mixt fleet. Finaly if you dont want to paid the 2000 pounds after training, you can always resign before signing your contract! you willonly loose your deposite
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >