- Should I try or not
- New Start Cabin Crew Information?

WARNINGS about working for Ryanair

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  JamesHarden    On:  Fri 15th June, 2012 at 13:55
JamesHarden
#1  WARNINGS about working for Ryanair  Posted 15/06/2012 at 13:55
Hi everyone!!! I read in the website Ryanairdontcarecrew that 1) 60% of New recruited Probationary Ryanair Cabin Crew are Terminated before 12 months (and this affects permanently the person’s curriculum when applying for other Airline companies), 2) new recruits are given a salary that after taxes amounts to barely a half of the promised 1,100-1,400 € and 3) the Crewlink Training Course itself involves great stress, sleepless nights for the huge study load and considerable extra expenses for food and transportation.
Is there anyone who attended the Crewlink Course in Hahn and worked for Crewlink and Ryanair that can provide me a clearer idea about the whole thing? Because I know that maybe it’s the actual truth, but what this site published was really disheartening for me and now I’m scared about wasting my money and my time… Thank you!!!!

Jump to Top
MrsPanAm
United Kingdom
#2  Re: WARNINGS about working for Ryanair  Posted 15/06/2012 at 23:15
In reply to post #1...
Hi, I've worked for Ryanair for just over two months :)

1) It's hard to get fired if you don't ever do anything wrong! Don't take unnecessary sick days, show up on time, well groomed, do your job right...they can't fire you.

2) I've had 2 salaries, that AFTER tax deductions, uniform deductions and Crewlink course costs, still amount to over £1000.

3) haha training with Crewlink WAS very stressful - they're unhelpful, untrustworthy and completely disorganised. The actual teachers/instructors are amazing, but the 6 weeks there was HARD, mentally and physically.

With all that said, I love the job, more than I thought I would. The crew are all so nice and friendly, and once you get the hang of the job it's not that hard.

If you WANT to fly, do it, that's my advice.
         Jump to Top
Joanna.K
United Kingdom
#3  Re: WARNINGS about working for Ryanair  Posted 20/06/2012 at 00:10
In reply to post #2...
Hey MrsPanAM, can I ask where you are based?
Dream,believe, achive
         Jump to Top
MrsPanAm
United Kingdom
#4  Re: WARNINGS about working for Ryanair  Posted 21/06/2012 at 17:51
In reply to post #3...
I'm based in Edinburgh :)
         Jump to Top
Joanna.K
United Kingdom
#5  Re: WARNINGS about working for Ryanair  Posted 22/06/2012 at 12:18
In reply to post #4...
Thanks for the reply. I was really curious where such a good salary is. I'll be based at STN from August and it'd be awsome to have over 1000 after all deductions !
Edited 22/06/2012 @ 14:33 Revision #1
Dream,believe, achive
         Jump to Top
MrsPanAm
United Kingdom
#6  Re: WARNINGS about working for Ryanair  Posted 22/06/2012 at 12:21
In reply to post #5...
Aw good on STN, money depends on the amount of flights you actually do, but you'll probably be very busy there ;)
         Jump to Top
alexandrapbuggs
United Kingdom
#7  Re: WARNINGS about working for Ryanair  Posted 26/06/2012 at 11:10
In reply to post #2...
I'm going to a St James Day in the life of Cabin Crew in Stansted on the 11th of July, had anyone done this day course themselves and they could give me there opinion and thoughts on it?
         Jump to Top
Milliebond007
United Kingdom
#8  Re: WARNINGS about working for Ryanair  Posted 28/06/2012 at 15:25
As a parent of someone who completed this course in march and has been flying since I would urge people NOT to do this course.
It is expensive, hard work and stressful.
If you pass 95 percent each exam you will qualify.
That's when the crap happens.
You pay for uniform , training and have little or no support when you are working.
Very few flying hours given. You are expected to be on home standby without being paid at least 2/3 times per week. After all deductions you are lucky to get £800 per month.
If you are living away it is almost impossible to survive!!
Now they want staff to take 3 months unpaid leave....cos aircraft numbers are being cut.
Any new employees will almost definitely be based abroad...I know this because my daughter has a friend who is undertaking this course at present.
This company has a hi dropout rate that's why they keep recruiting...it make sense to me now!!!
If only I knew...I wouldn't have encouraged her to go for her dream job with this sham of a company.
Avoid like the plague!!!!
         Jump to Top
kjsharg
United Kingdom
#9  Re: WARNINGS about working for Ryanair  Posted 28/06/2012 at 20:07
In reply to post #2...
I Completly agree with you, i loved my course and with Ryanair you love it or hate it, they will only get rid of you if you have sick days, no shows, lates many grooming discrepencies!
Good Luck Guys!
         Jump to Top
naby93
Groupie
Italy
#10  Re: WARNINGS about working for Ryanair  Posted 28/06/2012 at 20:26
In reply to post #8...
you are mentioning all the things that a Ryanair cabin crew accepted before starting the training...so those people who complain shoud have been aware when signing their contract!
         Jump to Top
Next >