profile image
EllenJo
Wanting to go back to cabin crew
profile image
EllenJo
I really want to go back to being cabin crew. I had a cabin crew job offer but dropped out during training due to family issues and anxiety. I'm now in a job that I absolutely love but I really want to be in the sky. I've just returned from a holiday to Australia and I enjoyed flying so much and just want to be up there. I've also got debt from university and the prospect of an unstable income somewhat scares me so I want to get rid of that and then start flying again once I'm in a comfortable position, but I know it'll be a paycut.

I'm just worried about when I go to interviews (if I get them) what I'll say about me leaving during training as it'll be on my CV and how I'll explain it and how to not make it a negative mark against me.

I just want to fly again but I'm worried i've ruined my chances now!
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
Just give it a go - you got offered the job before, so you can do it again... It sounds like things just went against you at the time especially during training, where you are under a lot of pressure. You could try leaving it off your CV so you don't have to explain things or alternatively, find a positive response to the question - why didn't you complete training? I would be honest (but don't mention anxiety...) and say that there was a family issue at that time which forced you to leave during training but how excited you are to have a second chance as this career was your passion. Or something like that... A recruiter should understand that it wasn't just the case that you left early, but the reason was out of your control.
Yes, a wise decision to save some money before going flying - the salary is low compared to most jobs, but of course we do it because we love the job, not the money! Good luck with your applications and stay positive

Other discussions going on within Wannabe Cabin Crew

How Hard is it to Regularly Se... So, I'm wanting to be a flight attendant. One thin...
0  75 -
0 75 -
Cabin crew Hello im 20 years old . i want be a cabin crew but...
3  385 11 months ago
3 385 11 months ago by Sarah McMillan
Wizzair training in Lviv, 13.0... Hi guys,Is there anybody here who is participating...
0  656 -
0 656 -
Tattoo Cover Up
4  1.39k 6 years ago
4 1.39k 6 years ago by PL1994
5 6.22k 11 months ago by Sarah McMillan

Other topics for Cabin Crew

Interviews Tell us your experiences!
71  986.11k 3 months ago
71 986.11k 3 months ago by Rachid Anssari
Current Cabin Crew Jobs For all announcements relating to cabin crew jobs
126  958.49k 1 month ago
126 958.49k 1 month ago by Emad Omda
Experienced Cabin Crew For the Veterans!
57  183.26k 6 months ago
57 183.26k 6 months ago by annaliona
Promotions How does your airline promote people from juniour...
1  103 -
1 103 -
Training course Training course discussion
6  3.32k 2 years ago
6 3.32k 2 years ago by Mrwmly