Latest Posts
- EASA cabin crew attestation
- Start Dates
- Assessments, interviews & start dates
- January start date
- Double room wanted lhr
- Aer Lingus Recruitment October 2017
- Manchester Base 2018
- Assessment day questions (5th December 2017)
- Video Interview
- Heathrow rooms available near BA waterside

Virgin Australia - Melbourne Based 2017

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  KiwiGirlMelb    On:  Fri 7th October, 2016 at 14:03
KiwiGirlMelb
Australia
#2  Virgin Australia - Melbourne Based 2017  Posted 07/10/2016 at 14:03
Hi future cabin crew colleagues !

I applied for VA cabin crew in Auckland NZ back when I was 19 and was got invited through to the group interviews. The following day I got invited to the final interview and although the interview was pretty relaxing and basic, the nerves got the best of me.

5 years later I have now applied for Melbourne based for next year and it has asked me to do a 30 second video submission about myself and my passions for the job.

Has anyone done this? Or has anyone been to recent interviews with VA in Australia?

Thanks in advance !
         Jump to Top
H Bradley
#3  Re: Virgin Australia - Melbourne Based 2017  Posted 14/10/2016 at 09:55
In reply to post #2...
Son has applied for virgin Just applied this week and same sent application in and asked to do a 30 sec video send in 72 hrs which he did Don't know what happens next or how long it takes to hear anything he has applied for Brisbane
         Jump to Top
H Bradley
#4  virgin fy16 October 2016 brisbane  Posted 17/10/2016 at 09:36
New to all of this son applied and had to send in a 30 sec video What happens next can anyone let us know
         Jump to Top
KiwiGirlMelb
Australia
#5  Re: Virgin Australia - Melbourne Based 2017  Posted 17/10/2016 at 15:01
In reply to post #3...
Hi There,

Applications just closed on the 14/10 so im assuming they're going through all applications now.

My Virgin Australia Cabin Crew application in NZ took like a month or two before I heard anything back and and was invited to an assessment day.

Good luck
         Jump to Top
Mimi07
#6  Re: Virgin Australia - Melbourne Based 2017  Posted 04/11/2016 at 13:11
In reply to post #2...
Hey KiwiGirlMelb!

I'm also a kiwi girl living in Melb myself lol

I applied for the Melb FY17 closing around the 14th or so of October 16 and was asked to do submit a 30sec video- which I spent pretty much the WHOLE of the 72hrs working on what to say and then cutting out 80% of it because it couldn't fit in the 30sec time frame anyway I sent it through and they accepted it and I was recently invited to the recruitment day for the end of this month! (Nov)

I'm quite nervous but also really excited! I've read a lot about recruitment days and there are a lot of mixed opinions out there haha.

How did your video end up going? Did you submit yours?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Mariah
         Jump to Top
xxsamixx18
#7  Re: Virgin Australia - Melbourne Based 2017  Posted 02/12/2016 at 13:03
In reply to post #6...
Hello

Would you be able to give me any tips on the video I just had the 30 sec request sent to me ?

Regards

Sam
         Jump to Top
Mimi07
#8  Re: Virgin Australia - Melbourne Based 2017  Posted 04/12/2016 at 21:16
In reply to post #7...
Hey Sam!

Like I said in my comment earlier I applied back in October and had to do the video etcetc. I'm currently waiting to do my medical etc before I start training school!

I think the best advice I can give you on your video is to be confident in everything you say! And I know it's hard to fit everything you want to say in the timeframe but try and show them that you know about the company and/or the role. Link the requirements for the role to your own skills so they can see you're fit for the job.

More importantly though I think they just want to get a bit of insight to what sort of person you are so just remember to talk/present yourself confidently, your presentation is immaculate, and you smile heaps!!

Hope this helped and good luck!

Mariah
         Jump to Top
Mora101
#9  Re: Virgin Australia - Melbourne Based 2017  Posted 08/02/2017 at 14:06
Hey guys, I completed the online comprehension test over two weeks ago and I still havent heard nothing (Melbourne FY17), anyone heard anything at this point?

Is it worth me emailing the recruitment team to ask about my status?

-Mitch.
         Jump to Top
taralouise3959
Australia
#10  Re: Virgin Australia - Melbourne Based 2017  Posted 10/02/2017 at 22:35
In reply to post #9...
Hi,

I was at an AD in MEL for FY17.

I received an email saying iv progressed through to Reference checks the day after my comprehension test. That was Jan 25th and my references still haven't heard anything. Anyone know how long this process usually takes? Or is anybody also at this stage?
         Jump to Top
Mora101
#11  Re: Virgin Australia - Melbourne Based 2017  Posted 13/02/2017 at 09:03
In reply to post #10...
This was Melbourne FY17, Im reading other people saying its taken them weeks to hear back from the comprehension test so I'll just wait it out, I imagine a company like Virgin Aus would have the courtesy at this point in the application to notify its candidates of rejection if that is the unfortunate reality.

Ref checks have taken 6 weeks for me in a previous position, I'm gettin used to having to wait a while haha
         Jump to Top
Next >