- Manchester 2022
- Ryanair Training Course Bergamo 2 November
- Staff travel

Virgin Atlantic

Author
  Topic Started By:  char_sky    On:  Wed 24th March, 2021 at 14:25
char_sky
#2  Virgin Atlantic  Posted 24/03/2021 at 14:25
Does anyone know when VA will start to bring back their current employees, then hire from the holding pool and then eventually externally?
It’s important that everyone who sadly lost their jobs should be invited back first...
I know it’s probably years but I’m not sure wether I should join the next long haul airline to start hiring to gain experience (I’m short haul right now), before I apply for VA. Or just stay with short haul for the meantime and wait
         Jump to Top
jknox
#3  Re: Virgin Atlantic  Posted 24/03/2021 at 15:49
In reply to post #2...
Hey,

Most furloughed crew are already back on roster, although not flying too often, any crew made redundant will of course get a priority return, but given the circumstances and the uncertain future of long haul travel, it doesn't look like it will be until late 2021/early 2022 at the earliest, then of course the backfill of candidates from the hold pool, I don't see VS externally recruiting until mid-late 2022.

Long haul experience won't make a difference to whether VS hire you, short haul experience will be perfectly fine, however, unlike many airlines, VS don't hire based purely off of the strength of your CV, they love different personalities and they love individuality, they love to see people being themselves and not people conforming themselves into what they think Virgin want to see.
Edited 24/03/2021 @ 15:51 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
Airgirl2020
Groupie
#4  Re: Virgin Atlantic  Posted 13/04/2021 at 08:18
People let go during the second round of redundancies are being brought back . Still a long way to go though before they’ll recruit externally
         Jump to Top