Add a new Topic
Search the Forums
Search
Latest Posts
- Assessments, interviews & start dates
- easyJet staff travel needed
- November 4th start date
- Qatar Open Day London
- Awaiting Candidate Documents (Qatar Airways)
- 2020 Recruitment
- 2019 Qatar Waiting timeline
- Aer Lingus Online Assessment Help
- Brand New House from Jan 1 2020
- SAS Ireland

US Visa Application

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  stevegage84    On:  Sun 16th October, 2011 at 09:18
Skyflyer17
United Kingdom
#11  Re: US Visa Application  Posted 20/10/2011 at 11:54
I was under the impression from the literature in the starter pack that we can't actually fill in the DS form until we have an appointment date, and that until we start, all we can do is fill in the paper form issued and bring it with us on our first day? Or have I misinterpreted?
         Jump to Top
BANewYorker
United States
#12  Re: US Visa Application  Posted 21/10/2011 at 00:35
In reply to post #9...
Hey,

My C1/D visa is also from when I worked on a cruise ship (just came off it in August). I also have a B1/B2 visa in my passport, you also require this.

I asked the US Embassy if my current visa's are fine. They are as long as the C1/D isn't annotated to say you were Sea Crew, instead of Air Crew, mine is not. All I need to do is take a letter from BA on my first US trip and the US Immigration officials can update my record.

You should apply for a B1/B2 visa, as you already have the C1/D.
         Jump to Top
cbs82
#13  Re: US Visa Application  Posted 21/10/2011 at 09:10
In reply to post #11...

Originally posted by Skyflyer17

I was under the impression from the literature in the starter pack that we can't actually fill in the DS form until we have an appointment date, and that until we start, all we can do is fill in the paper form issued and bring it with us on our first day? Or have I misinterpreted?

You don't have to complete the DS160 until you receive the appointment date. There is a question on the form regarding date of travel to the US, which you won't know till you start anyway. Some people on my course made these up and had no problems, I started the form and saved it and finished completing it once I had my appt date.
         Jump to Top
BenjaminLikesTweed
United Kingdom
#14  Re: US Visa Application  Posted 02/01/2012 at 11:24
Does anyone know what address I should put in when it asks me where I am staying in the US?
         Jump to Top
flymeawayba
#16  Re: US Visa Application  Posted 09/08/2017 at 17:46
Hi,

Does anyone know how we're supposed to answer some of the questions on the US Visa application? For example they've asked when I will be arriving in the US/ how long I intend to stay in the US and where I'll be staying? But I haven't even started training yet and instructions on what to write were not included in the welcome pack..

Any advice would be much appreciated!!
         Jump to Top
A54Y
United Kingdom
#17  Re: US Visa Application  Posted 09/08/2017 at 17:51
In reply to post #16...
Wow this is an old thread!

The company should make the necessary arrangements and provide letters to confirm your employment. Without this you will find it difficult to obtain a visa and impossible to get the correct C1/D visa you require to enter the US as crew.

Wait for instructions from BA before applying otherwise you are wasting your time and money.

Remember, Nil illegitimi carborundum!
         Jump to Top
k3143r
United Kingdom
#18  Re: US Visa Application  Posted 10/08/2017 at 14:10
In reply to post #16...
Hi,

There are very clear instructions on the Stage 2 welcome pack about how to apply for the Visa. It literally takes you through step by step and will inform you what to fill in. It's very simple.

Good luck.
Applied - 10 Mar 2017
AD Invitation - 10 Mar 2017
AD - 16 Mar 2017
Stage 1 [Security Watchdog] Clear - 19 July 2017
Start Date Received - 28 July 2017
Start Date (Skypeople) - 4 Sept 2017 (pushed back)
Start Date (BA) - 12 Sept 2017 (pushed back)
         Jump to Top
kungfu28
#19  Re: US Visa Application  Posted 13/09/2017 at 09:35
Hi, I have a question. I am already a crew and the US embassy will keep the passport, i will need my passport while flying. Any experience if they give any alternative letter? or other ways of doing it
         Jump to Top
A54Y
United Kingdom
#20  Re: US Visa Application  Posted 13/09/2017 at 11:30
In reply to post #19...
The US embassy keeps your passport in order to stick the visa in to it once approved.

The process takes around a week from interview to delivery of your passport to the address you provide. This is based on my experience in the UK with a UK delivery address by courier.

Unfortunately there is no way round this unless you have a second passport.
My company rosters short haul (there and back) EU flights for this period where a company Gendec is sufficient for an unscheduled night stop.

Remember, Nil illegitimi carborundum!
         Jump to Top
RachelE
United Kingdom
#21  Re: US Visa Application  Posted 08/03/2018 at 14:01
So my start date is in August and I began my Visa application last night. The help sheet says to put BA as your current employer so I did. It then asks the start date and I tried August and it won't let you because this date is in the future. The help sheet doesn't give you advice on this!! I emailed BA who said maybe try waiting until closer to the start date but surely it will NEVER accept a date that's in the future?? And if I wait surely that's giving me less time to get an appointment etc.

Has anyone else had this issue and had it sorted? I was thinking maybe just putting yesterday's date and giving them an explanation at the interview?
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >