- Rejoining Qatar Airways for EX QR Crew
- Emirates Recruitment Process

United Airlines @ LHR

Author
  Topic Started By:  jknox    On:  Mon 2nd March, 2020 at 08:40
jknox
Groupie
#1  United Airlines @ LHR  Posted 02/03/2020 at 08:40
Anybody know if UA are ever going to open up recruitment for LHR. I’m very aware they’ve not done external recruitment since the late 90s.
I’ve seen lots of young British/American crew members at LHR recently who were recruited in the US, and spent a little time at a U.S base before transferring over, how easy is it to do this?
         Jump to Top
eyrartick
#2  Re: United Airlines @ LHR  Posted 26/03/2020 at 07:35
In reply to post #1...
Anyone? I know someone who asks the same thing.
         Jump to Top
misssj288
United Kingdom
#3  Re: United Airlines @ LHR  Posted 10/05/2020 at 02:36
In reply to post #1...
You’re right, the United LHR base hasn’t recruited externally since the late 90’s!
A lot of the base are legacy Pan Am crew too, which means unfortunately the natural wastage recently has been quite high.

To fix this, United have been accepting transfer applications for crew from U.S bases, of course those already in possession of a British passport/British right to work are top of the list, that’s why you’ll have seen lots of younger crew based in London recently.

In regards to how to do it, how to transfer, that’s quite a difficult one. United do not accept applications from overseas citizens as crew, however there are a limited number of roles they do accept applications for. You’d have to apply for one of these, transfer internally to crew, then transfer again to London which would be a painstaking process. But this process is still ongoing, I believe an ex-Thomas Cook crew member joined not too long ago after transferring from the US, and one from WOW Air too. I think one girl currently based at LHR used to be ground crew for United at LHR but I don’t know how she got around that one.
Unfortunately, I don’t think external recruitment is ever going to open for UA LHR base :(

I wish they would!

source: mum is retired LHR base, aunt is still flying out of there!
Edited 10/05/2020 @ 02:38 Revision #1
         Jump to Top