Search
Latest Posts
- easyJet staff travel needed
- MAN 2020 application
- Assessments, interviews & start dates
- Qatar Open Day London
- Experienced Crew Assessment Day
- November 4th start date
- Awaiting Candidate Documents (Qatar Airways)
- 2020 Recruitment
- 2019 Qatar Waiting timeline
- Aer Lingus Online Assessment Help

Uniform

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  qtipsrsweet    On:  Tue 19th October, 2010 at 23:28
BAChav
#21  Re: Uniform  Posted 27/10/2010 at 12:16
Sarcasm aside, for people starting out this is the only thing going... And there seems to be plenty of people willing to do it. When I started out of course the reality was better paid but I had to wait 4 years between waiting for Ba to recruit and getting offered a job. And when I started all I heard was how crap my contact was compared to pre1997 crew... Clearly BA crew have always been positive ;)))
         Jump to Top
IBELIEVE
#22  Re: Uniform  Posted 27/10/2010 at 13:42

Well good luck to those joining the new BA. And I actually mean it.

I have done over 20 years with the airline and have really enjoyed my time with them. I know the good old days are coming to an end because at the end of the day its BA's work and if they want to form a new fleet theres not a lot I can do about it.

I know more and more routes will go over to new fleet and no doubt in the present economic climate BA will have no trouble recruiting people to join. Those that don't drop dead with sheer tiredness and having to get second jobs to pay for a basic level of living will still be around when the economy picks up and can move onto get a decent job which pays well.

Jump to Top
flyeruk
United Kingdom
#23  Re: Uniform  Posted 28/10/2010 at 21:52
No trousers for the girls, hmmmm sounds like a sex discrimination claim waiting to happen !!

Edited 28/10/2010 @ 22:06 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
JetBlueCrew
#24  Re: Uniform  Posted 28/10/2010 at 23:51
well not really. anyone who accepts the job does so knowing the uniform policy
         Jump to Top
BAChav
#25  Re: Uniform  Posted 29/10/2010 at 00:19
Different uniform rules for men and women don't constitute sex discrimination if its a case of skirts/trousers or ties/scarves.  UK Border Agency female staff threatened to take their employer to court when they brought in the original uniform because they weren't allowed to wear the same as men (i.e. trousers and ties).  With the old customs officers' uniforms they were identical but UKBA was gender-specific.  Needless to say it got nowhere legally.  Having said that UKBA changed their policy when they brought at the new one.  I should work for Unite I have such in depth knowledge of employee relations at Heathrow LOL
         Jump to Top
Bunyip
Groupie
#26  Re: Uniform  Posted 27/11/2010 at 15:07

Hi

Could i ask a question does the uniform come with long sleeves or short sleeves for a man. I have a Tattoo at the top of my arm and it can not be seen in a short sleeve shirt with my current job but all shirts are diff.

any advice would be great

Jump to Top
puddleduck
#27  Re: Uniform  Posted 27/11/2010 at 15:44
4 shirts!
long sleeve or short sleeve!- advise then at your fitting!
         Jump to Top
puddleduck
#28  Re: Uniform  Posted 27/11/2010 at 15:45
we used to get 6! but only get 4 now !
but you can buy more at i think its £7 each if you need more!

Jump to Top
MovingCCM
#29  Re: Uniform  Posted 27/11/2010 at 16:08
And after a certain period of time, you are eligible to get more free shirts, right? Normally you have a validity time for each item of the uniform, after which you can have a new one. Thank you puddleduck for your kind answers to the avid wannabe-mixed-fleeters, and adding some true facts to this forum :)
         Jump to Top
Bunyip
Groupie
#30  Re: Uniform  Posted 28/11/2010 at 11:53
Thank you all so much for this it has put my mind and rest
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >