profile image
qtipsrsweet
Uniform
profile image
IBELIEVE

Well good luck to those joining the new BA. And I actually mean it.

I have done over 20 years with the airline and have really enjoyed my time with them. I know the good old days are coming to an end because at the end of the day its BA's work and if they want to form a new fleet theres not a lot I can do about it.

I know more and more routes will go over to new fleet and no doubt in the present economic climate BA will have no trouble recruiting people to join. Those that don't drop dead with sheer tiredness and having to get second jobs to pay for a basic level of living will still be around when the economy picks up and can move onto get a decent job which pays well.

profile image
JetBlueCrew
well not really. anyone who accepts the job does so knowing the uniform policy
profile image
BAChav
Different uniform rules for men and women don't constitute sex discrimination if its a case of skirts/trousers or ties/scarves.  UK Border Agency female staff threatened to take their employer to court when they brought in the original uniform because they weren't allowed to wear the same as men (i.e. trousers and ties).  With the old customs officers' uniforms they were identical but UKBA was gender-specific.  Needless to say it got nowhere legally.  Having said that UKBA changed their policy when they brought at the new one.  I should work for Unite I have such in depth knowledge of employee relations at Heathrow LOL
profile image
Bunyip

Hi

Could i ask a question does the uniform come with long sleeves or short sleeves for a man. I have a Tattoo at the top of my arm and it can not be seen in a short sleeve shirt with my current job but all shirts are diff.

any advice would be great

profile image
puddleduck
4 shirts!
long sleeve or short sleeve!- advise then at your fitting!
profile image
puddleduck
we used to get 6! but only get 4 now !
but you can buy more at i think its £7 each if you need more!

profile image
MovingCCM
And after a certain period of time, you are eligible to get more free shirts, right? Normally you have a validity time for each item of the uniform, after which you can have a new one. Thank you puddleduck for your kind answers to the avid wannabe-mixed-fleeters, and adding some true facts to this forum :)
profile image
Bunyip
Thank you all so much for this it has put my mind and rest
profile image
user16937
Hi guys, I was just wondering what kind of watches BA allows you to wear on duty? Thanks
profile image
doorsfordeparture
so am i getting this right..?

BA's uniform standards are that women can't wear trousers?

Other discussions going on within British Airways

British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.37k -
0 1.37k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.64k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.64k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972
LGW: Interviews Assessments St...
1.12k  331.75k 4 years ago
1.12k 331.75k 4 years ago by zeldazonk

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595k 8 months ago
266 595k 8 months ago by KL17
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.7k 11 months ago
64 248.7k 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.24k 1 year ago
162 634.24k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.45k 1 year ago
39 427.45k 1 year ago by Aaron