profile image
kellyx
UAE Criminal Record Checks
profile image
Jen F xx
Hey, oh thats good you can take a ticket! Ive took the day off to go down there so hopefully it will all get sorted and sent off! I called procious too and said i was worried and they said it should only take about a week for it to come back hopefully then we just post the certificate to them, they also said it 'shouldn't' affect my start date as the rest of my file is now complete! Xx
profile image
kellyx
awh amazing well fingers crossed we get it sorted ASAP! my fingerprints came back today so im going to the embassy tomorrow! xx
profile image
Chloe18
Hi girls
I'm having the same problem, it's soooo stressful! I went to the UAE embassy on the 16th Jan and applied for OCRC, my start date is the 9th Feb and virgin have said that I can't start unless the checks are back! I've trIed to get into touch with the embassy to see if it has been processed yet and they have just replied saying it was only forwarded to dubai on th 27th Jan and will take 6 - 12 weeks from then! I don't know what else I can do!! Have you heard any update on your applications or what is happening with your start dates?

Xx
profile image
adamchapman91
Hey! I'm waiting for my start date but I want to try and get the ball rolling with the UAE background check cos by the looks of things it might take a while! I was Emirates crew too and my friend ended up having to go to Dubai to get the certificate herself becuse it was taking too long. If anyone doesn't mind can you let me know the process of getting it done through the Embassy in London?
profile image
kellyx
Hiya hun, I really hope it gets sorted out quicker for you! I basically emailed a lady from virgin & said about the fact it takes 6-12 weeks & she said there is not much they can do at the moment as its too far in advance (my start date is 20th March) but they may be able to do something abit further down the line like make a call, have you spoken to anyone from virgin as they might be able to push back your start date?x
profile image
kellyx
Hey! Procius send you an email with all the details of what to do but it's quite straight forward, you have to take your fingerprints that you have to get done in the UK which has to first be approved by the legalisation department here which is in Milton Keynes, once they have been sent back you, you then take them to the UAE Embassy with a passport pic, & the fee amount which is around £35 (I think) + another £35 & also 115 dhs, they will then send it off for you but they tell everyone it takes 12 weeks but procius have told me it takes less so I'm really hoping that's true!
profile image
Jen F xx
Oh girls this wait is so stressful isnt it! ?? Has anyone had them back yet? Yeah Procius told me it doesnt take that long but im not sure i believe them! Does anyone know how long it takes if we go to Dubai and do it ourselves? Xx
profile image
kellyx
I sent them on 19th Jan and they only got sent with a batch on 27th Jan so I'm hoping they come back in time, procius said it takes 41 days but it's Dubai they are so unreliable! I'm not sure how long it takes to get them done in Dubai but it's defiantly quicker than 6-12 weeks ?? when did you sent yours?x
profile image
Chloe18
This is literally the most stressful thing ever! Virgin have told me I can't start on the 9th Feb without the checks back and can't give me another start date until I have the certificate back as I'll have to go back in the holding pool! It's just so frustrating as there's nothing to do but wait! I was debating going to Dubai myself aswel or seeing if someone would submit it for me but would mean having to get new finger prints and do the whole process again! Ahhh really don't know what to do! Xx
profile image
kellyx
If you can wait till they are back I would just hold on but it depends if you can wait till then & it's so hard to determine when that will be, if you know anyone in Dubai still maybe see if they can do anything, I really hope they sort it out for you asap!! Xx

Other discussions going on within Virgin Atlantic

Virgin Recruitment June 2023 Hi everyone!Who has applied for the new Cabin Crew...
0  1.1k -
0 1.1k -
Training Start Date 24th April...
3  1.96k 6 years ago
3 1.96k 6 years ago by Jchew
Training accommodation
1  1.85k 6 years ago
1 1.85k 6 years ago by adzy1606
Start Date Feb 13th Accomodati...
4  1.88k 6 years ago
4 1.88k 6 years ago by martin39
Questions
236  242.15k 4 years ago
236 242.15k 4 years ago by D.Paige36

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.3k 9 months ago
266 595.3k 9 months ago by KL17
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 week ago
718 4k 1 week ago by Jordan Walker
Regional Airline Operators For those who are operating regional services
10  67.48k 4 years ago
10 67.48k 4 years ago by user16937
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.82k 11 months ago
64 248.82k 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe