profile image
Richpennrad
TUI vs Thomas Cook
profile image
Richpennrad
Hi Folks
Just wondered if anybody with experience of either or both airlines could give me a little help.
I have been really lucky and have been offered a contract with both TUI and Thomas Cook.
TUI will be just short haul, TCX will probably be mixed short and long haul.
Both are fixed term contracts.
I originally set out with the hope of getting a contract with TUI which I'm so happy I have managed to do but I'm struggling to make the decision.
Both pay well and seem to be really strong companies.
Can anybody give me their thoughts on both airlines to try and help me out a bit?
Thanks in advance
profile image
Cassie59
Hello, I’m in exactly the position as you! I’ve been successful with both Tui and TC and just can’t make my mind up...I want them both!
Both are good companies and have good destinations. I’m going to be out of Gatwick base, how about you?
profile image
Richpennrad
I'm MAN. It's stressful isn't it lol
profile image
Cassie59
Hello again! Yes, it’s really stressful. Have you flown before?
TC have given me start date already but still waiting a date for Tui. It may be different for me as I’m LGW.
Both are really good airlines with Tui being larger. I think with TC there is more likelihood of being kept on after first season and if it’s longhaul you’re after sooner rather than later, then maybe TC are a better bet. Do you know what TC concessions are and how soon you can apply for part time?
profile image
Upintheclouds123
Hi do you have any info on this now? I'm currently easyjet crew but am interested in tui or thomas cook as they have bhx bases but unsure how they differ?
profile image
Belenix
Hi! I have been flying for Thomas Cook last season. Gatwick base and all the other bases apart from Man are short haul for the first yeart at least.
The money is good and the conditions are good.
The concessions as I remember are :
-deals flights +hotels to the destinations they haven't sold from 99pounds if you call 48 hours before. (that's really good. I spent a week in Greece) no long haul for the first season.
- short haul destinations from 40 pounds sby and 120 for the long haul ones (you can't use long haul for the first 6 months).

That's all I had but I know after a while you get staff travel with Virgin, BA and another airlines too.
From Man base you do mixed fleet and I know it is great to start with and they usually call you for next season.
I can't help you with TUI. For me Thomas Cook was a great airline. The only downside are the seasonal contracts (but in gatwick they usually extend you) and the fact that 99% of the base and all the pax were English. I missed a lot of the internationallity I have in my new airline. But it is a great one to work in.
In this forum there was a post months ago about the same:a girl debating between T and TUI and explaining everything about both. At the end she chooses TUI if you can find the post that might help you.
I hope this helps and good Luck!!

Other discussions going on within Experienced Cabin Crew

Dissertation Survey
4  3.65k 1 year ago
4 3.65k 1 year ago by Thomas Richard
Dissertation Survey. Cabin Cre...
2  3.41k 1 year ago
2 3.41k 1 year ago by Alan Luiz
Research - Managing Gender as...
12  3.11k 7 months ago
12 3.11k 7 months ago by annaliona
Missed call from Emirates airl...  I misse a call from Emirates, checked the number...
4  1.2k 1 year ago
4 1.2k 1 year ago by Samantha
in-flights sales research Hi, we are developing a project to enhance in-flig...
0  68 -
0 68 -

Other topics for Cabin Crew

Interviews Tell us your experiences!
71  986.35k 4 months ago
71 986.35k 4 months ago by Rachid Anssari
Current Cabin Crew Jobs For all announcements relating to cabin crew jobs
126  958.66k 1 month ago
126 958.66k 1 month ago by Emad Omda
Wannabe Cabin Crew For those just starting out!
113  543.24k 1 year ago
113 543.24k 1 year ago by Sarah McMillan
Middle eastern airlines Any query related to middle eastern airlines would...
2  391 -
2 391 -
Cabin Crew Travel Insurance Going The Extra Mile!
3  27.44k 1 year ago
3 27.44k 1 year ago by Tommie Marshall