profile image
vikklmxx
Training dates
profile image
vikklmxx
Hey everyone,

Does anyone have an idea from experience how long it took from finding out you were successful to being emailed a starting date and then to actually starting. On my assessment date we were advised April for training dates which is brilliant but wanted to know Roughly how much time you have to look for accommodation, medical, referencing, visas?? The reason’s I ask is the company I work for now don’t make it easy for workers to get referencing sorted which is making me panic Incase I can’t get everything done before the date virgin require me to start if that makes sense.

If anyone has any rough estimates on there experience on this could you drop me a message.

TIA

Vikki xxx
profile image
JLouisexx
Hey!

Congrats on getting the job
I got my start date in December and that was about 3 weeks after my interview. I start next month so don’t worry they give you plenty of time to sort everything out! With referencing they won’t contact your current employer until a month before your start date. You just have to keep chasing everything up. Hope that helps x
profile image
Foxtrotfan
Hi. I found out I was successful mid September, 5 days after my AD. My start date/referencing info came thru end November for an end of Jan start date. They allow 2 months for it all as there's references, visa, medical, uniform etc. A lot to fit in especially if you're working full time
profile image
charbryony
Hey! This is a bit off subject but I just wanted to know do crew get a salary during training or do they only start getting paid once they have got their wings?

Thanks! X
profile image
Foxtrotfan
You get paid a basic salary during training

Other discussions going on within Virgin Atlantic

Virgin Recruitment June 2023 Hi everyone!Who has applied for the new Cabin Crew...
0  1.04k -
0 1.04k -
Training Start Date 24th April...
3  1.95k 6 years ago
3 1.95k 6 years ago by Jchew
Training accommodation
1  1.84k 6 years ago
1 1.84k 6 years ago by adzy1606
Start Date Feb 13th Accomodati...
4  1.88k 6 years ago
4 1.88k 6 years ago by martin39
Questions
236  242.11k 4 years ago
236 242.11k 4 years ago by D.Paige36

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.83k 8 months ago
266 594.83k 8 months ago by KL17
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.26k 1 year ago
93 408.26k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.52k 1 year ago
31 372.52k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.53k 10 months ago
64 248.53k 10 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe