- Should I try or not
- New Start Cabin Crew Information?

Too tall or too old? Got a few concerns

Author
  Topic Started By:  Bravoboi88    On:  Fri 17th May, 2019 at 17:25
Bravoboi88
#2  Too tall or too old? Got a few concerns  Posted 17/05/2019 at 17:25
Hey guys,

It is my dream to work for Emirates. I have bought a nice suit, made good professional photos, CV, and ready for the OD in the end of a May. I registered online too, uploaded everything and current status is Application Recieved, however if I understood well it's not mandatory for OD.

I have customer service experiance working as a waiter for 7 years, and within NCR as help desk for USA. I look good, and young for my age, but not perfect.

I am just concerned I won't even get a chance, because I am 30 years old, and tall about 197cm. Is it too much for achieving my dream? Any experiances?
I haven't seen recently any example of them employing someone 2m tall and over 30.
         Jump to Top
riley
#3  Re: Too tall or too old? Got a few concerns  Posted 18/05/2019 at 06:00
In reply to post #2...
Hi bravoboi88,

Actually I have same concern like you, I'm turning 31 this year and planned to attend emirates interview in july. I afraid my age will be my issue too.

But currently I am flying in airline with 5 years of experience. Hopefully this would be my advantage.

Good luck to both of us
Edited 18/05/2019 @ 08:51 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
cabincrewconsultant
#4  Re: Too tall or too old? Got a few concerns  Posted 18/05/2019 at 13:23
In reply to post #2...
Well you can just give it a shot - if that's your dream... They do have a very 'cookie cutter' approach in what they look for but they will make exceptions to the rules if they find the right candidate. The application process and open day/assessment day will give you lots of great experience. Also be aware that the cabin crew recruitment is not like any other recruitment, it's a very particular process and may take quite a few applications and assessment days before getting through - it's very rare to get through first time. You also have to bear in mind that they are looking for candidates that 'fit' their image/guidelines - you may be great for one airline but not another, so it might be wise to try with other airlines too...
Cabin Crew Consultant - www.cabincrewconsultant.weebly.com
         Jump to Top
Bravoboi88
#5  Re: Too tall or too old? Got a few concerns  Posted 18/05/2019 at 20:21
In reply to post #3...
Hey Riley,

I've been talking to some friends who already work for Emirates. They say it shouldn't be an issue, as long as you charming, healthy and with a good level of English :) That's the only thing that matters.

If anyone got any more info regarding this concern we're having, please do tell us.

Thanks.
         Jump to Top
Bravoboi88
#6  Re: Too tall or too old? Got a few concerns  Posted 21/05/2019 at 07:04
In reply to post #4...
Thanks @cabincrewconsultant! I will definitely try few times, I got nothing to lose, but I really want this job, and to contribute to the company, I wish the saw that in me!

I first applied years ago, maybe 10 years or so, but I was too young for the job. And than I was like - Ok, I will first get some customer experience in other jobs, and then I will try again. Maybe I waited too much, but now I feel ready to step in to Emirates, and make them proud :)
         Jump to Top