profile image
Hannahnicole23x
Thigh Tattoo Concern
profile image
Hannahnicole23x
Hey,
Just a quick question regarding tattoos. I understand every airline is different although the majority will accept tattoos as long as they are concealed. In the long run, I'd love to work for Virgin Atlantic but I'm unsure as to if they'd accept thigh tattoos. Now, the thigh tattoo is to be completely covered by the skirt (given that they are just below the knee in length) as it will only be to my mid calf. (Example for the size of the tattoo, although this isn't my tattoo: Click here for example)
Even though it will be covered, I am still unsure if they'll be accepted. As I read on British Airways, "Tattoos are only permitted on parts of the body that can be covered up. This would only be around the torso area or mid to lower back." but this does not include the thigh area which again, leaves me confused.

Please if anyone could shed any light on the what the rules an regulations are with any airlines, reply?

It'll be greatly appreciated, thanks.
profile image
annistella
i think that you don't have to worry, i have tattoo on my wrist i showed it during interview and they said me that they can't promise me anything. after 3 days i had a mail where they asked me to send some photo with watch on my wrist to show that i can cover tattoo, and after 3 days of that they invited me to the course, is not virgin atlantic, but i think that you have to try. You are even in better position than me because you can hide tattoo under the skirt and i can't. remember that if they decide that you could be great in the work they will forget about tattoo.

i wish you all the best
profile image
leodavinnie
I think tattoos are issues in some middle eastern airlines but virgin should be ok anyways all the best for your interview & remember to carry a big smile
profile image
kurbatskiy
I think that you will have no problems. My friend has a tattoo on a thigh, and it works some years in airline. So good luck to you!
profile image
FlyingUnicorn
Only Emirates and Etihad...ones like that are fully against tattoo.

Virgin should be fine :) you wont know till you try

GOODLUCK!
profile image
BbbKatieb
Hi I have a tattoo in the exact same place I was wondering if you applied and got the job as I am thinking of applying too
Thanks
profile image
Quastie1
From your photo, I would say that you should be fine.

Most airlines do not permit visible tattoos; and they specifically state they cannot be covered with plaster, a wristwatch, or concealer.
profile image
Syhem1
Hi everyone,

I have two tattoo on my thigh, one stop before the knee , the other one reach the knee but on the side, is it possile to be a flight attendant?

I have an assesment day with Ryanair, i will need to take a plane which coast me a lot , i need to know before to go...

Thanks
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
As mentioned by previous posters, the rules are that it ok as long as not visible in uniform... so that is what you have to consider!
profile image
Davidcc

https://cabincrew.shop/?v=75dfaed2dded

Other discussions going on within Wannabe Cabin Crew

How Hard is it to Regularly Se... So, I'm wanting to be a flight attendant. One thin...
0  75 -
0 75 -
Cabin crew Hello im 20 years old . i want be a cabin crew but...
3  385 11 months ago
3 385 11 months ago by Sarah McMillan
Wizzair training in Lviv, 13.0... Hi guys,Is there anybody here who is participating...
0  656 -
0 656 -
Tattoo Cover Up
4  1.39k 6 years ago
4 1.39k 6 years ago by PL1994
5 6.22k 11 months ago by Sarah McMillan

Other topics for Cabin Crew

Interviews Tell us your experiences!
71  986.1k 3 months ago
71 986.1k 3 months ago by Rachid Anssari
Experienced Cabin Crew For the Veterans!
57  183.26k 6 months ago
57 183.26k 6 months ago by annaliona
Current Cabin Crew Jobs For all announcements relating to cabin crew jobs
126  958.47k 1 month ago
126 958.47k 1 month ago by Emad Omda
Promotions How does your airline promote people from juniour...
1  103 -
1 103 -
Training course Training course discussion
6  3.32k 2 years ago
6 3.32k 2 years ago by Mrwmly