profile image
k3143r
The Security Watchdog Advice
profile image
amydxb
Forgot to add I had my medical and uniform fitting over 2 months ago!
profile image
k3143r
"Useful contact details at Security Watchdog"

Gabriela Paulucci-Cave
Airside Team Leader
T: 01420595250
Gabby.paulucci-cave@securitywatchdog.org.uk

Other numbers at SW that put your directly through to an Airside screener - if you get through on these numbers, just be confident and say you were expecting a call and wanted to discuss your file with Gabby, this should kick them into gear.

01420593850 - This put me through to "Greg"
01420595332 - This put me through to "Dan Gafta"
profile image
dwant77
Hi all,

Can someone please outline exactly what the check involves.
I'm guessing:

1. Emails to all jobs in the past 5 years too check.
2. Security/criminals check.
3. I've had of people having to provide HMRC letters/tax letters - Is this for everyone or just people who were self employed?
4. Overseas check. I lived in Japan for 1 year and already got an official police check letter when I got back. Will Watchdog just ask to see my letter or will they apply for a fresh new one?

Thanks for any help :)
profile image
saulyte
Hey!
I was thinking that as well I have an official letter from a police station in the country I have worked before and I have a translation of it as well, but I'm worried they will apply for a fresh one and it will take years
profile image
geldern
Hi All,

I start with Skypeople on 30 April, SW are already working on my background check.
As I know, some of my references have already been contacted but some others are still waiting to be contacted.

Having read some of your stories, I'M not sure if SW are actually doing their best to progress with ym application, shall I E-Mail them for a stuts update? They say on their webste not to contact them.

Appreciate any info,

Thank you
profile image
BrittanyA
Hey, I actually have the same start date as you. The only time SW contacted me is when they needed email addresses from my previous schools and stuff so they could get a reference. Everything pretty much goes on in the background so they won’t contact you unless they need to (apparently). But if you want updates from them or have even a small question just email or ring them asking to speak to the person assigned to your file and they’ll help you, thats how it’s been for me so far anyway
profile image
comeflywithbea
How do you know when SW have begun your checks? I keep checking my online profile but nothing has changed. I sent it off last week.
profile image
saraiiik
Hi,
Don’t suppose anyone can offer my some advice. I had an initial start date of 23rd April, due to my own fault I had a pushback of 30th May because of my Australian reference. However I have now received a pushback of 16th July. I have already left my job so am now panicking. I have been on phone to SW several times and every time I call they say something different, so I don’t know what they actually need to finish my referencing. Don’t know how to get to the bottom of it, can anyone suggest what would be the best way forward with this? Thanks!

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.93k 8 months ago
69 113.93k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.32k -
0 1.32k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.62k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.62k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.79k 8 months ago
266 594.79k 8 months ago by KL17
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.51k 1 year ago
31 372.51k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.68k 2 years ago
27 193.68k 2 years ago by juankax
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.51k 10 months ago
64 248.51k 10 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe