profile image
Bannersb22
Tattoos
profile image
CCJ
No visible tatoo's whatsoever. Neck, wrist, arm etc. Anything visible is a big no. I think you may need to consider getting it removed.
profile image
kite_
Hi all,

I am currently applying to Mixed Fleet while the application process is still open.

I was partly successful in application last year and attended an AD, i told them at the beginning of the day that i had a small 1cm tattoo on my wrist when asked and they said that that was fine, as it was small and covered by a plaster/watch they would see no inconvenience in employing me.

What has changed since then?!!

I am worried that I cannot submit my application now, even though last year the same marking was acceptable?

I have quite a few friends working for BA Mixed Fleet at the moment who all have tattoos on wrists or ankles, covered by make up and plasters. Any advice?!

Is anybody else in this situation?
profile image
stupotk
Hey everyone,

Piercings are similar to tattoos (sort of) so thought I would post in here...
I have read a lot about female cabin crew piercings guidelines but not mens!
Are men allowed to have an ear piercing? Or must it be taken out when flying?

Thanks!

Stu
profile image
shannon2108BAMF
I have a tattoo of a compass on my back between my shoulder blades however at my AD they guy wrote down that it was on my lower back and explained i may need to wear a vest under my shirt if it can be seen through.
I have my uniform fitting next week and start training in 3 weeks and now i'm really worried that if my tattoo is visible through my shirt they will terminate my contract :(
HELP :(
profile image
M123
Um, wear a vest if you think it's gonna be a problem...
profile image
a1508
Hello . My AD upcoming soon! I am a female and I have got a tattoo on my upper arm visible with short sleeve but definitely not with long sleeve! I'm quite worried! Is that a problem! I don't want to be sent home !
profile image
Whoareyou?
I love tattoos, I have 15 all together!
I am sure that you will be fine.
The world is changing and on the beach in Miami, I saw lots of crew with loads of tattoos too. Loads of girls have them, I think you have to hide them at work with clothes or make up maybe. Most young people today have many many tattoos.
profile image
Not_Impressed
Are you for real????

Why come on here and post rubbish such as this - on another thread you state that you "work nights in a meat processing factory near Slough" and you take home £1200/£1500 per month working seven days.

Now you come on and post that you are on the beach in Miami with "loads of crew" - totally deluded!!!!!
profile image
marioo
I have an assesment day scheduled and I am little bit worried about the tattoo and body piercing check, I do have a tatto in my right shoulder but with a short sleeve t-shirt (as the ones that I have seen on the pictures of some male flight attendants) on it is not visible at all, but I am still worried because I live in Madrid (Spain) and it would be awful to go all the way to London to be send back home before even starting the assesment.

Thx in advance guys!
profile image
silviapco
If it is not visible while in uniform, it's not a problem. As I heard a recruiter say once, you can have a dragon covering your whole back and that will be fine, but the smallest of tattoos on your wrist for example, will not be acceptable.

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.93k 8 months ago
69 113.93k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.31k -
0 1.31k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.62k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.62k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.51k 10 months ago
64 248.51k 10 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.68k 2 years ago
27 193.68k 2 years ago by juankax
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.5k 1 year ago
31 372.5k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.1k 1 year ago
162 634.1k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle