profile image
Bannersb22
Tattoos
profile image
littlemissj
On my BA A/D a girl had a tattoo on her foot, she had tights on & it was partially covered by her shoe but they still sent her home.
Same applied for Monarch, a girl had one on her wrist, covered by her watch, she was having it removed but they still sent her home.
It's up to you weather you risk it but most airlines are pretty strict.
profile image
prism
Everyone these days has access to a phone with a camera or a digi cam. Why not ring recruitment and email it to them. It would be a shame to waste time , expense and energy if the tattoo wont be allowed. I know some people do get them removed in order to meet the criteria.
profile image
Little minx
I don't think they mind extra piercing holes but you will only be allowed to wear one set of earrings. The old piercing scar in you tummy button hole won't be a problem.
profile image
rainbowbrite
Ok, now im a little worried. i have 3 tattoos, one small on the back of my neck which would be covered by a collared shirt, one small on my inner wrist & one medium on my ankle both of which i can cover using a special tattoo cover (not make up or plaster). I was under the impression tattoos would be ok as long as they can be covered up and out of sight and generally people have been pretty ok with tattoos but now they say you arent allowed to cover them up even???

i dont want to remove them if there is no chance ill get to be cabin crew but i dont want to be turned away at the AD even if i promise to have them removed once hired.
profile image
Bannersb22
Like i said in a previous post, when i asked if its ok if i wear a watch over mine (which would completly cover it) the lady from recruitment said thats still not acceptable.
If your really worried about it either call them or send them a photo of it and see if its ok.
Ive made the decision to have mine removed as it would be silly for that to get in the way of a career i so badly want!
Just hope they dont turn me away at the assesment as they'll only be half gone!
profile image
Leggibone
I just sent them an email asking, fingers crossed they don't link it to my application and reject me straight off (can hide it to the point where they won't know of its exsistance if they won't allow me to cover it with my sleeve and watch)
Would like to at least try the AD.
profile image
Leggibone
I got a reply to my querie. This is what it looks like
British Airways is very strict when it comes to tattoos. They must be completely covered and/or removed if you plan on joining our Mixed Fleet Cabin Crew.

To test whether the tattoo will be visible, you can wear a long sleeve shirt and reach up above your head, if the tattoo is visible it will be considered as unacceptable. If your application is successful and invited to an interview, you will be
asked about your tattoo and also show your tattoo to the assessor who will make a decision whether it is acceptable or not.

If you are still unsure as to whether it will be acceptable, you can send us a picture of the tattoo and we can let you know accordingly.

Thank you for your interest in British Airways

Hope this helps :)
profile image
Airhostess22
Thank you guys! X
profile image
Peach91
I have old piercing scars in the top of my ears do you think they will mind?
profile image
Little minx
I don't think so.

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.93k 8 months ago
69 113.93k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.32k -
0 1.32k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.62k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.62k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.1k 1 year ago
162 634.1k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Regional Airline Operators For those who are operating regional services
10  67.39k 4 years ago
10 67.39k 4 years ago by user16937
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.79k 8 months ago
266 594.79k 8 months ago by KL17
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.23k 1 year ago
93 408.23k 1 year ago by David_Hume